Submit your ideas in Ideas page to get considered to be put into the roadmap.
Development in in progress.
With http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2011-June/483406.html Maliit declared itself as an independent project. To strengthen the position of Maliit, we decided to go with a proper rebranding. This involves cleaning up old Harmattan/MeeGo Touch cruft in source code, installation paths, GConf keys, etc.
The upcoming changes will be reflected in new package names for MeeGo and the following version numbers for the framework libraries:
- 0.2x: Still uses MeeGo Touch.
- 0.8x: Compiles MeeGo Touch free version by default.
- Installation paths, library names and GConf keys now follow new Maliit naming conventions.
- This is a transitional release where legacy LMT support still exists. Legacy LMT build can be surpressed with qmake CONFIG+=nomeegotouch, (works in framework and plugins repo).
- No API changes in plugin or application API! New library structure will require recompilation though.
- 0.9x: Alpha release that will lead up to Maliit 1.0
- Will contain API cleanups (not LMT related, but rather about removing cruft and cleanup).
- API cleanup should be done for all Maliit libraries (including engines and feedback API).
- In first release for the 0.9x series, the C++ based reference VKB (Maliit Keyboard) will be LMT-free.
- From here on, we would consider our API stable, goal is API compatibility (not necessarily BC) for MeeGo 1.4, too, as we really don't want to force input method developers to keep adjusting to changing API's.
- Use D-Bus datatype instead of serialized Qt types in D-Bus API (DONE)
- Support for non X11 platform
- Better support for Qt applications not linked to MeeGo Touch
- Control panel replacement
- Unify settings, probably even hide the framework's GConf usage behind some API that can be used by apps and plugins.
- Take a look at meego-ux-settings, and how we could integrate into that, contact tripzero.
- Maliit rebranding
- Key magnification and accent pop-ups (DONE)
- New word prediction widgets: Word Ribbon (DONE)
- Extended support for CJK languages
- Remove libmeegotouch dependency (or perhaps develop the qml keyboard further?)
All items in this section are DONE.
- private D-Bus connection
- new information exposures:
- anchor position
- cursor position
- libmeegotouch removal
- self-rotation animation
- New interface: Handwriting recognition
- New functionality: Dynamic virtual keyboard layout