Submit your ideas in Ideas page to get considered to be put into the roadmap.
Development in progress.
With Maliit 1.0 the goal is long-term API stability for application and input method plugin API.
- 0.2x: Still uses MeeGo Touch. (DONE)
- 0.8x: Compiles MeeGo Touch free version by default, has legacy build option. (DONE)
- Maliit now an independent project.
- Installation paths, library names and GConf keys now follow new Maliit naming conventions.
- Legacy LMT build can be done using qmake CONFIG+=nomeegotouch (works in -framework and -plugins repo).
- No API changes in plugin or application API! New library structure will require recompilation though.
- 0.9x: Alpha release that will lead up to Maliit 1.0
- Will contain API cleanups (not LMT related, but rather about removing cruft and cleanup).
- API cleanup should be done for all Maliit libraries (including engines and feedback API).
- In first release for the 0.9x series, the C++ based reference VKB (Maliit Keyboard) will be LMT-free.
- 1.0: Stable release
- Key magnification and accent pop-ups (DONE)
- New word prediction widgets: Word Ribbon (DONE)
- Extended support for CJK languages
- Remove libmeegotouch dependency
Development in in progress.
MeeGo 1.3 will have Maliit 1.0.
- New maliit-* package-names (DONE)
- Settings applet for meego-ux-settings
- Better integration with standard applications
All items in this section are DONE.
- private D-Bus connection
- new information exposures:
- anchor position
- cursor position
- libmeegotouch removal
- self-rotation animation
- New interface: Handwriting recognition
- New functionality: Dynamic virtual keyboard layout