(Difference between revisions)
Latest revision as of 09:46, 8 April 2011
MeeGo marketing activities include
- http://meego.com content: homepage, announcements, background info, media kit.
- Promotion: slides, videos, merchandising, examples of co-branding, grassroots campaigns, open source advocacy.
- Events: MeeGo Conference, calendar, participation in events, sponsorship, supporting speakers and more.
- Local MeeGo Networks: list of existing networks & how to create one in your area.
Check also the video and slides of the MeeGo Marketing Brief session in the MeeGo Conference 2010. File:Meegomarketing.odp File:Meegomarketing.pdf
Some ideas to become a MeeGo promoter:
- Spread your preferred MeeGo blog and microblog posts. Also the Facebook page or the identi.ca group.
- Become a MeeGo Greeter and give to newcomers a first great impression.
- If you like Wikipedia then you can help improving the MeeGo article in any language.
- Join your closest MeeGo network.
- Introduce MeeGo to your community, your organization, your customers.
- Submit MeeGo related proposals to conferences and events.
- Encourage the developers of your preferred apps to target MeeGo.
- Become a regular MeeGo betatester. Dual-booting in your laptop and handset is also a good start.
- Join the meego-community mailing list to follow and discuss MeeGo marketing activities.
- Scan meego.com and report website bugs and enhancement requests here.
- Blog about interesting stuff happening in your preferred MeeGo channel and get your blog aggregated.
- Improve the MeeGo marketing materials and submit your proposals.
- Sponsor or volunteer in MeeGo activities at events.
- There are some areas where your expertise might help getting a stronger MeeGo story:
There are more tasks looking for volunteers at the Community Office backlog. See also Contributing to MeeGo.
Read this to be on the same page.
- Strongest OS candidate for any mobile device vendor.
- Praised platform for mobile application development.
- Neutral project developed openly by multiple stakeholders.
- Worldwide community of individuals, non-profits, and companies.
- Great help to marketing activities of MeeGo stakeholders.
- Device and OS vendors.
- Application developers and ISVs.
- Platform and community contributors.
- In a Nutshell - Provide the information needed by device and OS vendors to choose MeeGo.
- Open Project - Consolidate open roadmapping, open development, and open governance.
- Industry Support - Engage other companies, especially chipset vendors and handset manufacturers.
- News Channel - Continuous highlights of new products, current development, and community activities.
- Developer Reference - Provide vendor agnostic developer documentation across UX verticals.
- Commercial Developers - Attract developers and content providers with compatibility/portability paths with Symbian, Android, and iOS.
- Community Developers - Attract the free software communities with paths to free mobility.
- Publish & Sell - Offer the tools and channels to publish apps and content across architectures, manufacturers, and operators.
- Handshake Network - Seed local outreach activities, especially in North America, Europe, and Eastern Asia.
- Your MeeGo - Help organizations using and producing MeeGo materials and project resources.
Teams & roles
The MeeGo project marketing is organized within the Community Office. Our main marketing activities are:
Coordination and filling gaps: Quim Gil