The MeeGo Project Marketing and Promotion is organized within the Community Office.
- Strongest OS candidate for any mobile device vendor.
- Praised platform for mobile application development.
- Neutral project developed openly by multiple stakeholders.
- Worldwide community of individuals, non-profits and companies.
- Great help to marketing activities of MeeGo stakeholders.
- Device and OS vendors.
- Application developers and ISVs.
- Platform and community contributors.
- In a Nutshell - Provide the information needed by device and OS vendors to choose MeeGo.
- Open Project - Consolidate open roadmapping, open development and open governance.
- Industry Support - Engage other companies, especially chipset vendors and handset manufacturers.
- News Channel - Continuous highlights of new products, current development and community activities.
- Developer Reference - Provide vendor agnostic developer documentation across UX verticals.
- Commercial Developers - Attract developers and content providers with compatibility/portability paths with Symbian, Android and iOS.
- Community Developers - Attract the free software communities with paths to free mobility.
- Publish & Sell - Offer the tools and channels to publish apps and content across architectures, manufacturers and operators.
- Handshake Network - Seed local outreach activities, especially in North America, Europe and Eastern Asia.
- Your MeeGo - Help organizations using and producing MeeGo materials and project resources.
DRAFT: Committed tasks grouped in MeeGo release cycles. Each item has a coordinator and links to a page with the plan, status and ways to get involved.
The current MeeGo development cycle, planned to be completed by 2010-10-21--2010-10-27.
- Marketing plan defined (this page) - Quim Gil
- meego.com update - Quim Gil
- Information and media materials about each MeeGo 1.1 UX release + Core + SDK.
- "About" section capturing what is MeeGo and why is great.
- Featured MeeGo based products + companies endorsing MeeGo.
- MeeGo 1.2 plan.
- Homepage refreshed, no big changes.
- "Get involved" promoted
- Revisions of all static pages.
The next MeeGo development cycle.
This backlog sorted by relevance lists the tasks don't meet any of these requirements: a good plan, a responsible owner, a target MeeGo release.
Teams & roles
We are bootstrapping this team and also collecting the related ad-hoc roles and initiatives we have around. Hoping to have a first structure in place by September 21.
Coordination and filling gaps: Quim Gil
Homepage, announcements, background info, media kit.
Merchandising, grassroots campaigns, open source advocacy.
Team to be defined.
Propose activities in the meego-community mailing list and list them above. This is currently the best way to get involved.
Sponsoring events, supporting speakers and more.
There is an Events page and we need to define the thin and permeable boundary between the organization of MeeGo events and marketing activities in events.
Team to be defined.
Get involved promoting the MeeGo conference and proposing events where the MeeGo project should have a presence. You can also propose MeeGo marketing activities in events.