The MeeGo project marketing is organized within the Community Office. Our main marketing activities are:
- meego.com content - homepage, announcements, background info, media kit.
- Promotion - merchandising, grassroots campaigns, open source advocacy.
- Events - sponsoring events, supporting speakers and more.
If you want to get involved check the ongoing tasks and the backlog of proposals at the Community Office backlog.
- Marketing materials: slides, videos, merchandising, examples of co-branding.
- Events: MeeGo Conference, calendar, participation in events, organization contacts.
- Local MeeGo Networks: list of existing networks, how to create one in your area.
- Strongest OS candidate for any mobile device vendor.
- Praised platform for mobile application development.
- Neutral project developed openly by multiple stakeholders.
- Worldwide community of individuals, non-profits, and companies.
- Great help to marketing activities of MeeGo stakeholders.
- Device and OS vendors.
- Application developers and ISVs.
- Platform and community contributors.
- In a Nutshell - Provide the information needed by device and OS vendors to choose MeeGo.
- Open Project - Consolidate open roadmapping, open development, and open governance.
- Industry Support - Engage other companies, especially chipset vendors and handset manufacturers.
- News Channel - Continuous highlights of new products, current development, and community activities.
- Developer Reference - Provide vendor agnostic developer documentation across UX verticals.
- Commercial Developers - Attract developers and content providers with compatibility/portability paths with Symbian, Android, and iOS.
- Community Developers - Attract the free software communities with paths to free mobility.
- Publish & Sell - Offer the tools and channels to publish apps and content across architectures, manufacturers, and operators.
- Handshake Network - Seed local outreach activities, especially in North America, Europe, and Eastern Asia.
- Your MeeGo - Help organizations using and producing MeeGo materials and project resources.
Teams & roles
Coordination and filling gaps: Quim Gil
Homepage, announcements, background info, media kit.
Merchandising, grassroots campaigns, open source advocacy.
Team to be defined.
Propose activities in the meego-community mailing list and list them above. This is currently the best way to get involved.
Sponsoring events, supporting speakers and more.
There is an Events page and we need to define the thin and permeable boundary between the organization of MeeGo events and marketing activities in events.
Team to be defined.
Get involved promoting the MeeGo conference and proposing events where the MeeGo project should have a presence. You can also propose MeeGo marketing activities in events.