This is just a dump of ideas now, not even a draft. We will come back to this after the MeeGo 1.1 update.--Qgil 23:43, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Restructure meego.com
- Reorganization of current sections & pages.
- Cleanup of 'coming soon' pages.
- New page for Core OS.
- Boundary & links http/from http://wiki.meego.com well defined.
- Complete http://developer.meego.com
- Complete planet.meego.com
- Complete $apps-catalog
- Press friendly About section.
- Homepage refresh.
Still not agreed.
The website has grown organically following the structure dictated by the MeeGo launch in February. Now it needs some sorting. What can be done for the 1.1 release?
There are many more pages at meego.com, but they would find their way under the ones listed here for the 1st and 2nd level.
- Apps (when the catalog is ready + links to partners stores)
- (All about application developers, nothing about ODMs) TBD
Idea: merge Downloads with Devices calling it Releases. To be discussed.
The content needs to be updated showing useful information, or the page needs to be unpublished.
Ideas for Projects Section (This can be moved to a new wiki page at some point.)
- pull individual repo data from meego.gitorious.org to show:
- active repos
- latest commmits
- most active users
- allow repo owners to create groups around their code to:
- communicate with contributors
- documentation (wiki exists on gitorious.org)
- create mini communities
Doesn't http://meego.com/downloads/git-repositories actually belong to this section?
It doesn't look like there is going to be a community repository ready for the launch. Proposing to unpublish this section until we have something functional.
No urgency for updates. No need to depend on the MeeGo release.
- "About" page capturing what is MeeGo and why is great - Ibrahim Haddad
- Featured MeeGo based products + companies endorsing MeeGo.