MeeGo Community Apps is the repository where open source software created by the MeeGo community can be found. Developers can build their applications on the MeeGo Community OBS, a sophisticated build system. These applications can be published into the end-user facing Apps repository after certain conditions have been met. This project falls under the responsibility of the Community Office.
- Lead Developer: Niels Breet
- Client Application: Martin Grimme
- Web Site: Ferenc Szekely
- OCS Interface: Henri Bergius
- Build Service: David Greaves
Team Communication Channels
Plans and Schedule
Henri & Neils to add
A developer will need to request access to the Community OBS. Once the account has been activated, the developer can create a 'home' project. Inside this project one can build packages against any project(repository) in the OBS. This allows the developer to build an application against the Apps repository and make sure there are no dependency issues or other problems.
Once a developer determines that the application is ready for end-users, the package can be promoted to Apps-testing. The promotion request triggers some automated tests on the package. The Apps-testing repository is intended for stability testing and community QA. If the package meets all promotion criteria, it will be moved to the Apps repository. This makes it available for every end user with a MeeGo device, provided they have enabled the repository in their garage client.
Supporting Process References
OLD CONTENT TO BE MOVED
Repositories - MOVE TO SUBPAGE
There will be multiple repositories for a certain MeeGo release. Let's use MeeGo 1.1 as an example:
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core. This means that applications in this repository can only have dependencies on MeeGo 1.1 Core.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps:Handset This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 Handset UX.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps:IVI This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 IVI UX.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps:Netbook This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 Netbook UX.
Additionally there is Apps+
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps+ This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core plus Surrounds. This means that applications in this repository can have additional dependencies and may not be compliant.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps+:Handset This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core+Surrounds for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 Handset UX.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps+:IVI This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core+Surrounds for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 IVI UX.
- MeeGo:1.1:Apps+:Netbook This targets MeeGo 1.1 Core+Surrounds for apps intended for only the MeeGo 1.1 Netbook UX.
As a separate project there will be:
- MeeGo:1.1:Surrounds This repository hosts libraries which are not included in MeeGo, but are a dependency for common Linux applications.
Apps-testing MOVE TO QA PAGE
- Does package name already exist in repository
- Are all dependencies available in the repository or it's parents.
- Does it build against Apps-testing
- Does the package have a description