Initial coordination of the MeeGo Summit vision.
- 3 days event, 2 days organized by the community and one organized by the companies involved. Developers, platform and power users tracks. --Vdvsx 22:24, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
Potential themes for the conference which suit a first conference.
- MeeGo for Maemo & Moblin application developers
- Bringing developers from old platform to new
- please define here how the old differs from the new. I am assuming the new platform includes using the Qt framework as the standard, but what else? What is the smooth way to move RPM -> DEB?
- MeeGo for N900 and N8x0 owners
- What is MeeGo in a concrete way? Is it a set of userland libraries and applications that you can run on your N900 in a chrooted environment for example?
- Bring our old power users over
- dual booting a "Meego flash image" on your N?x? device? What about MER?
- New developers coming to MeeGo
- Qt and WRT, and maybe Clutter
- Distributing MeeGo software
- yes, please explain how to do this in light of the current system of uploading Debian packages & promoting?
- What comes after Extras?
- MeeGo platform
- Getting more developers involved in the MeeGo platform, and reaching out to upstream to have a critical mass of MeeGo middleware developers there
- Cool stuff (hardware & software) coming out of Helsinki & Portland
- Target press & new users
- Building a healthy MeeGo community
- Involving Intel and Nokia engineers, upstream, platform hackers, application developers and power users in the MeeGo community - covering things like community infrastructure, social dynamics & policies, and community involvement in product roadmaps, etc
- London - Great air connectivity, home of Intel Linux R&D group
- Helsinki - home of Nokia
- Paris? - Potentially lots of choice for facilities, good air connectivity