The main Conference site is: San Francisco Meego Conference 2011
May 23 - 25: San Francisco Regency Hyatt
- Annual industry event
- Announcements / Information focus
- Broader industry audience
- Call for Proposals and Registration will open early February
Team Lead: Amy Leeland
Advisory and Community Interface:
- Dawn Foster - Community Management
- Quim Gil - Marketing Management
- Lead: Dirk Hohndel
- Carsten Munk
- Thiago Maciera
- Ashley Walker (Speaker Management)
- Lead: Brian Warner Sponsorships
- AJ Reed: Post Event management
- Mike Shaver: Web Management
- Dave Neary: Early Bird Events
Call for proposals
Hyatt Space details
Link to conference area map:
2nd Floor Street Level entrance
- Grand Ballroom A+B+C will be used as our Keynote room with redundant Screens/Sound in Market Street Foyer and Grand Ballroom Foyer (Seats 1300, with 100 standing in lobby spaces and feeds coming out)
Breakouts and room descriptions as follows:
- 1 Grand Ballroom A (700 theater)
- 2 Grand Ballroom B (200 cab)
- 3 Grand Ballroom C (200 cab)
- Tech Showcase will take place in Market Street Foyer and Grand Ballroom Foyer. Not to be just single table tops, requested 3 different orientations to choose from. Tea and Coffee will be available in Tech showcase area
- Registration + Welcome Kit fulfillment: Market Street Foyer and Grand Ballroom Foyer. Kits will be organized based upon gender/size, not name
- Media/Blogger Room: Regency A
- Keynote Prep Room: Regency B
- Event Office: Plaza Room
3rd floor Bay Level
- 4 Seacliff A-B (110 cab)
- 5 Seacliff C-D (110 cab)
- 6 Bayview Room A-B (200 cab)
- Platinum Meeting Rooms: Marina Room and Golden Gate room on Bay Level
4th floor Atrium Lobby Level
- All Catering Breakfast, Lunch, breaks and receptions will be held in Atrium of Hotel
This includes Garden Room A+B, 13 Views Lounge, and Hospitality Room can seat up to 1400 in this area.
- Nokia Boardroom: Boardroom A [atrium]
- Intel Boardroom: Boardroom B [atrium]
1st Floor Pacific Concourse Level
- This will all be used as Early Bird space partitioned rooms A-O (17,000 sq ft all partitionable) Saturday until Sunday evening then it will be………
- Hacker Lounge: Pacific Concourse K—O
- Meeting rooms partitioned in Pacific Concourse: A, B, C, D, E
- Gold sponsors get A and B
- Spaces F and G will be used as a meeting room bookable space
MeeGo Conference Warm-Up
The MeeGo Conference Warm-Up will include workshops catering to MeeGo application developers, and tutorials to help people get started developing for the platform. We also plan to have some fun extra-curricular activities involving building things. The warm-up sessions will be held at the Hyatt in San Francisco (the conference hotel/ conference facility).
We will have two tutorial sessions, and an application development workshop, running in parallel. Among the topics we are planning to have hands-on tutorials for are:
- Using OBS
- MeeGo developer tools
- Qt, QML and QtQuick development
- Developing, testing and deploying MeeGo software with the MeeGo SDK
Because of space and equipment constraints, attendance for some of the workshops will be limited. As we get more information, we will keep you posted.
We also plan to have application developer workshops on:
- Designing a better user experience
- Building software with Community OBS, and community application distribution
And we plan a fun Maker's Contest where contestants will have to use raw materials including balsa wood, paper clips, string, paper and glue to build a machine capable of launching a projectile (Trebuchet, slingshot, catapult, whatever) over a distance of ~10m. The results will be judged with a live-action Angry Birds contest.
We are still working on the contents of these sessions and who will be leading them. As we get more information, we will pass it on.
|15:00 - 16:00
|10:00 - 11:00
Was a very popular activity for community members. Having it stocked with beer and snacks was perfect, and we'd love to do something similar for spring.
Ideas for fun activities
- Cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge, potentially guided by Alison Chaiken. The route is pancake flat but is on a regular city street with low-speed traffic. Riding across the Bridge does require some caution on foggy days due to a wet surface. (Foggy days can occur any time of year.) I have inquired about group discounts.
- The MeeGo_Conference_2010/Werewolf was popular, and we're scheming on some additional MeeGo_Conference_Spring_2011/Werewolf MeeGo Werewolf variations for 2010.
- During the fun activities of #MeeGoConf 2010, we spoke about the idea of having a full scale game during the conference. The game would involve as many participants as possible and be played from opening to closing of the conference. Based on the "Killer" game, we'll discuss the details on the MeeGo_Conference_Spring_2011/Killer page.
- Some ideas for the Maker's Contest are a parachute launcher (need to balance heaviness for the way up & lightness for the way down); building a catapult or trebuchet to throw some predefined object, building some kind of Rube Goldberg machine to accomplish an agreed task.