Information collected/summarized about MeeGo from irc (#meego at irc.freenode.net).
The purpose of this page is to collect initial unstructured information, however, it is expected to be deleted once detailed info is available. All information here is highly unofficial and speculational sometimes, reflecting individual opinions only. Full IRC log is available at http://mg.pov.lt/meego-irclog .
- qgil did not confirm or deny official release of MeeGo for N900 on irc ;)
- how the meego community will look like is mostly decided by maemo and moblin communities themselves
- applications developed in Qt will run on N900 (probably PR1.2), MeeGo handheld and MeeGo netbook variants too.
- first MeeGo sources are expected to be public around first week of March 2010
- MeeGo will have an SDK and it won't be Windows-only
- wiki page for Packaging is now up
- There is very early packages imported from Moblin in http://repo.meego.com/
- MeeGo will have both ARM and Intel CPU support.
- Maemo 6/Harmattan name is now changed to MeeGo/Harmattan.