Netbook applications should expect to fill the whole of the screen on their zone (in small screen mode).
Anatomy of an app
- Use it to act on the context.
- No menus
- This is also your window decoration
- Use it to change the context.
They are self contained experiences and all popups should be constrained and contained within the applications window.
Big screen mode
When on a big screen, not a netbook
- Quick tastes of interaction
- Just one screen, ideally page not scroll
- Get to what you want to use a lot, as quickly as you can
- Not a place to stay.