MeeGo User Experience Framework:
Capturing, enhancing and leveraging the MeeGo device user experience
Currently, bug reporting is difficult for average and/or new users, testing is too ad hoc and ratings systems are not fully utilized. Support for donation-ware and gaming achievements is totally missing.
Develop a comprehensive solution or solutions that makes these activities easier on users and puts user experience capturing in more appropriate locations and contexts.
- Feedback and developer donations tend to be reactive…
- so integrate them into the operating system and applications
- Bug reporting is said by users to be difficult…
- so provide them a device-based wizard that walks them through the process, and also automate log file submission
- Current infrastructure does not contain and/or use necessary “hooks” (APIs, metadata)…
- Presentation (Draft)
- As a starting point, ABRT 1.0 is an implemented (Fedora 12) and tested tool to help non-power users with bug reporting, making it as easy as a few mouse clicks.
Coordinator of this working group:
- Randall Arnold/Texrat - Maemo Community Council member, former Nokia QA engineer for Maemo devices, Data Analyst and best practices blogger.
Meego members interested in taking an active role in this working group: