The role of MeeGo working groups are explained at http://meego.com/about/governance
This is a request to the Technical Steering Group to approve the creation of a Development working group. There is no procedure defined but we can can improvise with some common sense.
How to contribute
This project needs people with the following experience:
- RPM packaging (especially extending XML metadata)
- Bugzilla API
- Paypal API
- Obopay API
Feel free to add to this if you see a need.
Develop a comprehensive solution that makes bugs reporting, applications rating and developer donations easier on end-users and puts user experience capturing (feedback) in more appropriate locations and contexts.
MeeGo User Experience Framework: Capturing, enhancing and leveraging the MeeGo device user experience.
The main areas within the scope of the working group are (in no particular order):
- Bug reporting : Provide end-users with a device-based wizard that walks them through the process, and also automate log file submission. Discussion with the Quality Assurance working group will be necessary.
- Feedback / Rating : Provide end-users with an operating system and applications integrated solution.
- Developer donation : Educate end-users on the vital role played by developers in creating an ecosystem and provide them an easy and trusted way to make donations. Discussion with the Community working group will be necessary on certain points.
- Gaming achievement : Create a proper achievement system.
- Infrastructure : Add/use necessary “hooks” (APIs, metadata) to the current infrastructures (Ovi Store / Intel App Store).
Currently, bug reporting is difficult for end-users, testing is too ad hoc (specific) and ratings systems are not fully utilized. Support for donation-ware and gaming achievements is totally missing.
- Presentation (Draft)
- As a starting point, ABRT 1.0 is an implemented (Fedora 12) and tested tool to help end-users with bug reporting.
- Monetary donations to an open source software platform (Research Policy Volume 38, Issue 2, March 2009, Pages 404-414) 
Coordinator of this working group:
- Randall Arnold/Texrat - Maemo Community Council member, former Nokia QA engineer for Maemo devices, Data Analyst and best practices blogger.
MeeGo members interested in taking an active role in this working group: