New project location
As noted in the Discussion section, there will be some changes to this effort:
- Redefining. This is not a working group but rather, a project that crosses various working groups and functional areas.
- Renaming. First inclination is to go with MeeGo User Engagement Framework Project, but suggestions are welcome. Given that this could go beyond just MeeGo, it might make sense to create a hierarchal nomenclature that starts general (Linux User Engagement Framework) and drills down to Mobile, then MeeGo. Of course in that case the focus here would be largely on MeeGo.
- Relocating. Based on the above, I will need to create a new wiki page and deprecate this one.
We are still looking for more help, also! --Texrat 05:14, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
How to contribute
This project needs people with the following experience:
- RPM packaging (especially extending XML metadata)
- Bugzilla API
- Paypal API
- Obopay API
Feel free to add to this if you see a need.
Develop a comprehensive solution that makes bugs reporting, applications rating and developer donations easier on end-users and puts user experience capturing (feedback) in more appropriate locations and contexts.
MeeGo User Engagement Framework: Capturing, enhancing and leveraging the MeeGo device user experience. (renamed) --Texrat 03:12, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
The main areas within the scope of the working group are (in no particular order):
- Bug reporting : Provide end-users with a device-based wizard that walks them through the process, and also automate log file submission. Discussion with the Quality Assurance working group will be necessary.
- Feedback / Rating : Provide end-users with an operating system and applications integrated solution.
- Developer donation : Educate end-users on the vital role played by developers in creating an ecosystem and provide them an easy and trusted way to make donations. Discussion with the Community working group will be necessary on certain points.
- Karma : Push the concept of karma (personal recognition) up and out.
- Gaming achievement : Create a proper achievement system.
- Infrastructure : Add/use necessary “hooks” (APIs, metadata) to the current infrastructures (Ovi Store / Intel App Store).
Currently, bug reporting is difficult for end-users, testing is too ad hoc (specific) and ratings systems are not fully utilized. Support for donation-ware and gaming achievements is totally missing.
Coordinator of this working group:
- Randall Arnold/Texrat - Maemo Community Council member, former Nokia QA engineer for Maemo devices, Data Analyst and best practices blogger.
MeeGo members interested in taking an active role in this working group: