This page is for MeeGo Quality Assurance related material.
For all test reports, see http://qa-reports.meego.com
Quality assurance tools are developed to ensure MeeGo SW quality. They are developed and maintained by QA tools team.
The following links provide some basic information on QA tools and their usage.
Procedures and best practices
See the Quality/Error Management subpage.
MeeGo Compliance Program - the compliance spec (initially)
- Mailing List: MeeGo-QA
- IRC: Channel #meego-qa on irc.freenode.net
General QA Meetings are held weekly on Tuesdays 07:00 UTC in the channel #meego-meeting on irc.freenode.net. Click here for more information.
QA Tools meetings are held weekly on Tuesdays 08:00 UTC in the channel #meego-meeting2 on irc.freenode.net. Click here for more information.
For information on triaging meetings for specific areas click here.
Questions and Answers
- What is the QA contact expected to do actually?
- QA contact work with/support/advice/help package maintainers (see Fedora example [] or MeeGo guidelines for maintaining package []) and other users on QA related issues/questions for component in case.
- Features ("Once a requirement is integrated, MeeGo QA verifies it by running the corresponding test cases." from [])
- make testability analysis for features (yes or no value to testability field) and
- identify "feature acceptance tests" together with product management and package maintainers that could be used at the end as a criteria for feature status to be changed as "VERIFIED".
- Bugs ("QA Contact or Bug Submitter verifies bug fixing with the "how to re-produce" instructions in the original bug report when the bug is marked as RELEASED - FIXED." from [])
- facilitate the whole bug life-cycle from QA perspective, including ensure bug report completeness, follow up bugs by providing helpful or required information in timely fashion to accelerate bug fixing and verify the issue after fix is integrated, especially when the original reporter is not responsive or has difficulty to follow the bug up.
- actively follow-up the bugs. Making sure the bug is attended properly, ping the default assignee or assignee or reporter to get visibility and comments on the progress, triage bugs, verify and close them whenever possible.