This test plan is for MeeGo 1.1 HandSet UX Instant Messaging. IM depends on ofono (for telephony services), IM history (ofono IM history plugin) and libseaside (for contacts data).
Feature To Be Tested
All testable features coming to MeeGo 1.1 HandSet UX Instant Messaging will be covered in this test plan.
- IM Features to be tested are summarized as below:
| Feature Name
| Feature 3068 - [FEA] Instant Messaging (IM) application || An instant messaging application should be provided to exchange instant
messages with other users using common Internet IM services, such as Gtalk.
Feature Not To Be Tested
List of features that are not tested as part of MeeGo 1.1 HandSet UX are:
There is no features that are not tested.
Strategy and Approach
IM is tested in different test sets. Test sets containing IM related test cases are
- Sanity Test Set
- Contains basic IM test cases that IM application is part of SW image, can be opened and basic IM usage is possible
- Basic Feature Test Set
- Contains basic feature (Functional) test cases for every testable IM feature
- Extended Feature Test Set
- Contains bunch of well selected IM test cases to verify that delivered features (Functional) forming component are working
- System Functional Test Set
- Contains interaction and negative test cases were IM is used together with other components that are part of system
- System Performance Test Set
- Contains only Response Time part
Test Set Guideline