Running and deploying QA Dashboard relies heavily on automated deployment scripts and version control repository. At high level, deployment process is following:
- Log in to your workstation and update QA Dashboard working tree
- Run Capistrano deployment script on your workstation
- Capistrano script connects to the production server and updates the deployment by
- Connecting to version control system from production server and updating the source code on the production server
- Installing node package dependencies
- Restarting the application on production server
To achieve all the goodness, you should first set up the development environment on your workstation before continuing.
Setting up the production server
The same installations are needed in the production server as in development environment.
Follow the instructions in Quality/QA-tools/QAReports/Setting_up_the_development_environment to:
- Install Node.js
- Install Node Package Manager
- Install mongodb