Contributing to QA Reports
QA Reports is developed for the MeeGo community. One of the main goals is to maintain simplicity and good user experience. To avoid clutter, new features need to be selected and crafted with care.
Getting new features to QA Reports
- Create a ticket for QA Reports
- Promote the feature at meego-qa mailing list
- If the feature rises the common interest, QA Reports team can help with UX design or other tasks
- Propose and agree on UX and implementation principles with QA Reports team by commenting the Bugzilla ticket
In case the feature is not feasible from the MeeGo community point of view, but needed by the requester, one can naturally fork a new branch and implement the feature there.
Contributing the feature
- Set up the development environment
- Run the unit tests and integration tests as shown below. If the environment is properly set, all the tests should pass
- Implement the feature and write at least the integration tests (cucumber)
- Make sure that your branch is up-to-date with QA Reports master
- Make sure that all unit test and integration tests pass
- Send merge request to QA Reports
- Document the feature to QA Reports wiki pages
If you are unfamiliar with Git workflow, please check out this gist before making the merge request.
QA Reports team is glad to help you out, in case you bump into any problems. The easiest way to get in touch with us is to join qa-tools irc channel at freenode/#meego-qa-tools or to send email to meego-qa mailing list.