The test set guideline could be referred to identify test cases which will be run in different MeeGo test cycle (hourly, daily, weekly, milestone release).
Test Set vs. Test Cycle & Repo
Test Set Definition
- Sanity Test Set
- Sanity test set is a very brief run-through of the functionality of the entire MeeGo distribution, to assure that the basic health of the distribution and report major regressions at the earliest time. All the checkpoints in sanity test reflects the most important and basic functionalities of the distribution.
- Sanity test set is relatively stable and will be run on daily basis.
- Regression Test Set
- Regression test set is conducted to find out what works previously still work in this week release. Regression test set will be selected from MeeGo test suite based on changes in the image between last week and this week.
- Regression test set should run once a week against weekly pre-release image.
Steps to define regression test set:
- Figure out packages/features which have been changed between the image from last week and this week
- Identify all the related test cases for those affected packages and features. All the auto core test cases could be included in the regression test set since the execution cost is low. (need implement the mechanism in testlink).
- Auto regression test cases will be run in OTS. Long term goal is to run all the Core auto tests on all the MeeGo devices (Handset, Netbook etc...) automatically in OTS frequently.
- Manual tests will be run manually on target device
- Feature Test Set
- Basic Feature test suite is verifying MeeGo HandSet UX delivered features with basic feature test cases. Test set is always static to show overall feature functionalities progress and maturity of the entire MeeGo distribution. Based on test results QA is able to identify components with working features to enable extended feature testing and functional system testing.
- Extended Feature test suite is used to verify delivery of features forming full functionality of entirely component. After component is fully integrated all component related test cases will be executed for selected weekly release and report out all the bugs against component and it’s features. Extended feature test suite will be run again in the upcoming milestone or when significant changes are applied to component and it’s features.
- System Functional Test
- System Functional Test Set is targeting to evaluate delivered functionalities from system perspective. Test cases are not testing UI or Application itself, instead test cases are testing how whole system is working and interacting with Consumer (end user). Test cases are covering most critical interaction and negative scenarios that consumers will encounter in their daily usage.
- System Performance Test
- System performance test belongs to non-functional system test which test the performance of the distribution
- System Reliability Test
- System Reliability test belongs to non-functional system test which test the reliablity of system. such as if system could play media for 12 hours, browse web for 12 hours or longer, or continuous operation on the system
- Milestone Test Set
- To ensure MeeGo milestone (DP, FC, RC and PR)release with acceptance criteria, we would identify test set which should be run before milestone release. The objective is to report out more bugs and close outstanding bugs in each milestone release. The milestone test set will be selected from the above test sets to ensure MeeGo milestone release goal will be achieved. Details TBD.