Note: This page is work-in-progress (2 November 2010).
This page instructs in installing the MeeGo image and configuring device access when using Aava device for your development work.
Installing the MeeGo image on your Aava device
For instructions of installing the MeeGo image on the Aava Moblie(Intel Moorestown platform) using an external Micro SD card, please see the page at http://meego.com/devices/handset/installing-aava-device.
Setting up the connection
You can use WLAN to connect your Aava device with your computer. USB connection is not enabled yet but will be supported in later update. To use WLAN connection, you need to figure out the IP assigned to Aava device first. so you need to have access to the AP configuration information
Configuring device access in Qt Creator
To configure device access:
- Open Tools > Options > Projects > MeeGo Device Configurations.
- In the opened dialog, create a new Device Configuration by clicking on Add.
- Give the new Device Configuration a name in the Configuration Name text field, and add the following settings in the other test fields:
- Device type: Remote device
- Authentication type: Password
- Host Name: <device IP address>
- SSH Port: 6666
- Gdb server: 10000
- Note: If this port is not free, you can select another one. And make sure gdb-server package installed in target or use 'sudo zypper install gdb-gdbserver' to install.
- Connection Timeout: 30
- User Name: root
- Password: meego
- Click Apply.
- To test the settings, click Test.
- The message "Device configuration successful." is displayed in Device Configuration Test window.
- Click Close and OK.
If the message "Could not connect to host" is displayed, check your setting selections and make sure that the network is connected.