This page under construction at this moment. Contact Bob if you have questions. ETA: 1am PDT
MeeGo SDK 1.2 Preview (with Tablet)
This tutorial describes how to use the MeeGo SDK 1.2 Preview. It contains support for the recently released tablet images.
The MeeGo SDK 1.2 is scheduled for release near the end of May. This release if provided as an early preview of the upcoming features, with more in development. The following updates have been since the MeeGo 1.1 SDK release:
- Qt Creator 2.1.0; built with Qt 4.7.2
- Improved Qt Quick support
- Support for tablet images, toolchain and QEMU image.
- Additional Tablet APIs and supporting libraries
- Graphical installer for Linux
- [MeeGo UX Components] (very early version)
- UI Guidelines for tablet released
The following related SDK documentation is useful for getting familiar with the application development lifecycle:
Additional applicable, up-to-date, generic MeeGo development information can be found at:
- Any reasonably modern IA hardware. For Windows-based systems, the graphics and CPU virtualization are limited and a faster system may be necessary to use the virtual machine with software rendering.
- Systems known to work: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, Q8200, i5 or i7 processor-based systems.
- Windows XP w/SP3 and Windows 7 (32-bit systems can run virtual machine. 64-bit systems can use SDK but will need a device to run/debug)br
- Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 (not KUbuntu; Fedora 13, 14 (32-bit and 64-bit systems supported)
See also: MeeGo SDK Host OS Support page.
The MeeGo SDK should be installed on a hardlink-capable filesystem (Unix file systems or NTFS. FAT filesystems are not hardlink-capable and not supported.)
Notes / Known Issues
- In Windows, the virtual machine (QEMU) relies on kqemu to provide CPU virtualization support. On some machines this does not work. If you have trouble, please see troubleshooting.
- A bug in package dependencies makes uninstalling the SDK in KUbuntu remove critical system files. KUbuntu is not supported at this time.
- When uninstalling, everything you've installed as part of the SDK, including MADDE targets and runtimes, will be removed.
Download and Install the MeeGo SDK
- Instructions for Windows XP and Windows 7
- Instructions for Ubuntu and Fedora