Note: This page is under construction!!
Installing the MeeGo image on your N900 device
These instructions cover installing the MeeGo image on the N900 using an external SD card without destroying the data from the internal memory of the N900. For information on other ways of installing MeeGo, see ARM/N900.
- Insert the SD card into your computer.
- Find out what device the SD card is:
sudo fdisk -l
- See the disk size information to recognize the SD card from other drives. (Optionally, you can identify the SD card based on differences in the
sudo -l fdisk output before and after inserting the SD card.)
- Unmount the SD card:
sudo umount <sd card>
- Download MeeGo image from http://repository.maemo.org/meego/n900-de/daily/ > folder with the latest update >
mg-handset-armv7nhl-n900-de-sanity-<meego image version number>-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2 .
- Note: For information on how much functionality is known to work on the N900, see the most recent N900 sanity test results at qa-reports.meego.com.
- Download kernel image from the same URL (http://repository.maemo.org/meego/n900-de/daily/). The kernel image file name is of the format
mg-handset-armv7nhl-n900-de-sanity-<meego image version number>-vmlinuz-<kernel version number>-adaptation-n900.
- Decompress the MeeGo image (.bz2) file.
- Copy the MeeGo image to the SD card:
$ sudo dd bs=4096 if=<raw_image> of=/dev/<SD card>
- Note: Copying takes some time. For instructions on how to see the status of the process, see ARM/N900/Install/MMC.
- Flash the N900:
- Insert the SD card into the N900, attach the battery, and close the back cover. Do not start the N900.
Setting up the connection
You can use USB or WLAN to connect your N900 device to your computer.
To use USB connection:
- After running "sudo flasher-3.5 -l -k <kernel image> -b", Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable. Wait a bit until you see "MeeGo 1.2 Developer Edition" logo on your N900 screen.
- Set your computer USB IP address. Note that your host usb port is named as "n900":
sudo ifconfig n900 192.168.2.14 up
- Configure the device access in Qt Creator as explained in below.