How to use Qt Simulator in MeeGo SDK
This page is a guideline of how to use Qt Simualtor in MeeGo SDK. It describes how to create a simple Qt GUI application, build it against Simulator Qt libraries and deploy it to Qt Simulator with MeeGo device modules. You can refer to the official Qt Simulator page for more details: Qt Simulator Manual
Create a new Qt project in Qt Creator
- Open Qt Creator to begin designing a Qt application. Please create a simple Qt GUI project from the menu of Qt Creator, File > New File or Project > Qt GUI Application
- Name the application HelloQtSimulator and choose a directory for the project.
- Choose the Qt Version as MeeGo SDK Simulator. This determines the Qt library which will be used to build the application.
Build, Run and Deploy Qt Application to Simulator
- Please click the "Projects" label on the left panel of Qt Creator and then confirm the Build & Run setting in Projects label has set to "Qt Simulator". You can change the "Edit build configuration" option to "Debug", if you want to debug this application in Qt Simulator.
- Click the green Run button to build the application and automatically deploy the application to Qt Simulator. Qt Simulator with a control panel and application window will be invoke and boot up automatically. There are three kinds of predefined MeeGo device modules with different skins and resolutions: 864x480, 960x540, 1280x800. You can choose these devices in Qt Simulator's control panel: View-> Device.
If the application is deployed successfully and you have chosen the model for MeeGo device, the application will be displayed in the Simulator.
Define your own device module in Qt Simulator
Qt Simulator support user defined device module, you can refer to this article: Adding New Device Models for Qt Simulator to add a new device module.