MeeGo SDK Documentation Team
MeeGo documentation team is a subteam of the MeeGo SDK team. The MeeGo SDK Documentation Team is responsible of providing documentation about developing for MeeGo platform.
- Elliot Smith
- Titta Väyrynen, Doc team lead. Organises meetings, follows and reports about the overall status of the documentation project.
- Ronan MacLaverty
- Murali Punaganti
- Bob Spencer
Ways of working
Currently, content planning is carried out in wiki.meego.com: Information structure. Note that the plan is subject to change.
For MeeGo 1.2 release, documentation team will move to using Bugzilla/Featurezilla in tracking release content.
Release content was initially divided into content areas, each with an owner. Content area owners are responsible for planning the content needs of their area.
Reviews and content verification
A buffer of two weeks before a release must be reserved for:
- arranging content reviews
- testing all instructions
- finalizing the content based on received comments
//More information about testing and review process to be added, later.//
MeeGo 1.1 SDK documentation release
Planning and status
This section will later include a backlog for following the MeeGo 1.1 documentation requirements and status.
Release planning is ongoing. Content areas and their owners are listed below:
- Terminology/glossary (Titta)
- Release overview, description of the developer offering (Ronan)
- Overview of MeeGo websites and their purpose (Ronan)
- Setup/Getting started instructions for application developers (from installation to first app, divide into smaller areas in meeting) (Bob, Veli)
- Other tool instructions (e.g. linking to information on Qt tools, MADDE, MAD-Developer, Packaging tools, OBS use, appstore submission tools, performance tools) (Elliot)
- Architecture overview (Titta)
- Sunil / Arjan and Sakari updating. Representation changing.
- API reference and API overview : Qt 4.7, Qt mobility 1.0, Meego Touch (MTF), WRT (Murali Punaganti)
- Need to follow-up on platform API. How will it be presented.
- UI guidelines (handset - check with the UI people whether this is up-to-date; netbook - not planned at the moment) (Elliot)
- Samples (existing hello world level examples for Qt, Qt mobility, MeeGo Touch, and WRT) (Elliot and Kerry Jiang (PRC SDK mgr))
- Packaging and publishing (covered in other tool instr.)
- Release notes (Veli, Bob)
- Productization (covers all areas to some extent, but should this be a separate item?) (Titta, Ville)
Things we need on this page
- What are the responsibilities of this team
- Team information
- Who is who? (responsibilities of the persons)
- How is the work organized?
- How to agree on things? Reviewing etc.
- What are the goals for MeeGo 1.1 and 1.2
- Status of the project(s)