MeeGo SDK Documentation Team
MeeGo documentation team is a subteam of the MeeGo SDK team. The MeeGo SDK Documentation Team is responsible of providing documentation about developing for MeeGo platform.
- Elliot Smith
- Titta Väyrynen, Doc team lead. Organises meetings, follows and reports about the overall status of the documentation project.
- Ronan MacLaverty
- Murali Punaganti
- Bob Spencer
Ways of working
Currently, content planning is carried out in wiki.meego.com: Information structure. Note that the plan is subject to change.
For MeeGo 1.2 release, documentation team will move to using Bugzilla/Featurezilla in tracking release content.
Release content was initially divided into content areas, each with an owner. Content area owners are responsible for planning the content needs of their area.
Reviews and content verification
A buffer of two weeks before a release must be reserved for:
- arranging content reviews
- testing all instructions
- finalizing the content based on received comments
//More information about testing and review process to be added, later.//
MeeGo 1.1 SDK documentation release
Planning and status
This section will later include a backlog for following the MeeGo 1.1 documentation requirements and status.
Release planning is ongoing. Content areas and their owners are listed below:
- Terminology/glossary (Titta)
- fix the term for SDK ( MeeGo SDK?)
- Release overview, description of the developer offering (Ronan)
- How to explain the native vs. web side?
- Overview of MeeGo websites and their purpose (Ronan)
- Setup/Getting started instructions for application developers (from installation to first app, divide into smaller areas in meeting) (Bob, Veli) Bob has some material that he will review with Veli.
- Titta assigned a writer to work on this for Linux on Wed 13.10.
- Windows installer available soonish
- Elliot is also working on WRT -related instructions
- Other tool instructions (e.g. linking to information on Qt tools, MADDE, MAD-Developer, Packaging tools, OBS use (doublecheck with Ville and Maurice), performance tools, WRT tools) (Elliot)
- Architecture overview (Titta)
- Sunil / Arjan and Sakari updating. Representation changing.
- Titta: Initial idea on how the changes affect the API reference site drafted. I'm following the discussions on architecture team side.
- Bob/Mike to help with adding content to meego.com
- API reference and API overview :
- Qt 4.7, Qt mobility 1.0, Meego Touch (MTF), OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 - review end of wk 41 (Murali Punaganti)
- WRT (no owner, yet?) Delivered via Forum Nokia and we just point to the info.
- "MeeGo Advanced API" (platform API): gstreamer, pulseaudio (Murali and Bob to discuss what is needed)
- look-and-feel to be tested with Drupal site
- Need to follow-up on platform API. How will it be presented.
- Titta: we should be able to freeze API content for 1.1 on week 40
- UI guidelines
- Elliot: I verified with the design team in the UK that the design guidelines for handset are current and valid; they were written by Nokia and are the basis of the reference handset UX design. No similar guidelines for netbook are planned. Darren Wilson is the contact from Intel, based in the UK office. I can send his email out by request.
- Elliot: whether we want to move this content to developer.meego.com is an open issue -> decision: move to developer.meego.com. Find a new owner for this content?
- Samples (existing hello world level examples for Qt, Qt mobility, MeeGo Touch, and WRT) (Elliot and Kerry Jiang (PRC SDK mgr))
- Packaging and publishing (covered in other tool instr.)
- Release notes (Veli, Bob)
- Productization (covers all areas to some extent, but should this be a separate item?) (Titta, Ville)