These are the meeting minutes for the Documentation status meeting of week 4.
Taru Laine, Max Yu, Murali, Veli Kaksonen
Issues to be discussed at the meeting:
Action points from previous meeting
- AP Ville: discuss community support ideas with Quim etc. Ideas: templates? blog posts/mailing lists? Help with code snippets, too?
- AP Taru: To discuss with Ronan where is the MeeGo 1.2 SDK documentation published. What is the timetable for developer.meego.com?
- AP Taru To send Murali the invitation to tomorrow's workhop. Done
Content areas for MeeGo 1.2
- http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2] created by Taru.
- Content area owners for the following features to be discussed:
- OBS-related instructions
- Windows installation instructions: Max and Bob responsible for this.
- Device provisioning instructions for netbook
- Netbook UI guidelines
- Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Documentation related issues to be raised at the MeeGo 1.2 Feature workshop
- Current developer documentation-related priorities: Best practices (community support), TOC with placeholder pages
Community support for developer documentation
- Getting help from the MeeGo Community on documentation related issues: OBS instructions, sample applications -> how to get this started?
- guidelines for tutorial writers on wiki: http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Tutorial_content
SDK release cycle
- Deciding on a date when the SDK packages are "frozen" before the SDK release. This should be before the SDK docs are to be completed; ideally at least a couple of weeks before. This needs to be discussed with Veli and Fathi and decide how to schedule the documentation related to the SDK.
- Release cycle for future MeeGo releases -> timetables and documentation impacts. -> This could be discussed in next week's workshop.-> More information will be coming after the workshop.
- Maintenance work for MeeGo 1.1 SDK. No schedule needed for bug fixes, assigned through Bugzilla. Schedule for MeeGo 1.1.3 not known yet.