These are the meeting minutes for the documentation status meeting of week 15.
Action points from this week:
- AP Taru: Discuss publishing issues with Ronan MacLaverty.
- AP Bob: Add chroot and Xephyr features to Bugzilla
- AP Taru: Discuss OBS documentation with David Greaves.
Action points from previous meetings:
- AP Taru: Discuss OBS publishing with Tero Kojo. DONE
- AP Ronan: Discuss Application SDK packaging with Fathi Boudra. DONE
- AP Ronan: Update MeeGo SDK overview application development overview section for MeeGo 1.2 by the end of April.
- AP Elliot: ask Bob about arranging a meeting to discuss getting a stable SDK in place ready to be documented in advance of the release
- AP Elliot: beg for some time to do OBS docs, Xephyr, chroot
- AP Elliot: ask if any tablet UX guidelines are on the way DONE
- AP Ville: discuss community support ideas with Quim etc. Ideas: templates? blog posts/mailing lists? Help with code snippets, too?
- AP Bob: To find out whether there would be additional resources for documentation work
- AP Taru: To find out whether the videos could be used for the SDK documentation and check the situation of the sample applications related bug.
- AP Bob: Check the current status and plans for DMC site and their impact on the publishing of SDK docs.
- AP Murali: To send Bob information on API reference documentation.
MeeGo 1.2 documentation status
- Taru will be on vacation from 15 to 25 April.
- Stability of SDK improving, installation process should be ready for documenting by the end of this week.
- There area still no content area owners for these features:
- Installation instructions (OBS)
- Packaging instructions (OBS)
- The following features have been reassigned:
- Content areas related to Installation instructions (application SDK):
- Content areas related to Device provisioning instructions
- Setting up your handset: Fathi Boudra's team (Azadeh/Edmondas)
- Setting up your netbook: Elliot Smith
- Setting up your tablet: Bob Spencer
- Creating a Hello world application: David Lawlor
- Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK: Elliot Smith
- Packaging instructions (Application SDK): Mats Wichmann
- Developing with Xephyr: to be added to Bugzilla and assigned to Bob Spencer
- Creating a MeeGo chroot: to be added to Bugzilla and assigned to Bob Spencer
- Architectural overview: Sunil Saxena
- Sample Applications: Bob Spencer (related to Qt Creator default examples, which is handled through a separate Bugzilla feature)
- The following feature has been added to Documentation backlog (content already available so no content area owner needed): Tablet guidelines (http://meego.com/sites/all/files/users/admin/meego_touch_ui_v1.2.pdf)
- In addition, the following feature was postponed to a later release: Netbook UX guidelines
DMC publishing site
- The timetable and steps for publishing the MeeGo 1.2 SDK content in DMC site need to be clarified with Ronan MacLaverty.
- Three main roles: maintainer of drupal code, content coordination, content editing
- Suggested process for adding new content to DMC site (for community members):
- Create text in wiki.
- Create bug in Bugzilla.
- Content editor checks the content and suggest improvements, if necessary.
- Content is transferred to DMC site.
- Training needed for the conference?
Community support for developer documentation
- Getting help from the MeeGo Community on documentation related issues: OBS instructions, sample applications -> how to get this started?
- guidelines for tutorial writers on wiki: SDK/Tutorial content