This is the suggested agenda for the documentation status meeting of week 15.
Action points from last week:
- AP Taru: Discuss OBS publishing with Tero Kojo.
- AP Ronan: Discuss Application SDK packaging with Fathi Boudra.
- AP Ronan: Update MeeGo SDK overview application development overview section for MeGo 1.2 by the end of April.
- AP Elliot: ask Bob about arranging a meeting to discuss getting a stable SDK in place ready to be documented in advance of the release
- AP Elliot: beg for some time to do OBS docs, Xephyr, chroot
- AP Elliot: ask if any tablet UX guidelines are on the way DONE
Action points from previous meetings:
- AP Ville: discuss community support ideas with Quim etc. Ideas: templates? blog posts/mailing lists? Help with code snippets, too?
- AP Bob: To find out whether there would be additional resources for documentation work
- AP Taru: To find out whether the videos could be used for the SDK documentation and check the situation of the sample applications related bug.
- AP Bob: Check the current status and plans for DMC site and their impact on the publishing of SDK docs.
- AP Murali: To send Bob information on API reference documentation.
MeeGo 1.2 documentation status
- Taru will be on vacation from 15 to 25 April.
- Main problem at the moment is that there is no stable SDK to document yet, it is estimated that there will be one in two weeks. Most of the documentation is on hold until we have a stable package to use for this purpose.
- Content area owners for the following features to be discussed:
- OBS-related instructions:
- Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK
- Creating a Hello world application
DMC publishing site
- Three main roles: maintainer of drupal code, content coordination, content editing
- Suggested process for adding new content to DMC site (for community members):
- Create text in wiki.
- Create bug in Bugzilla.
- Content editor checks the content and suggest improvements, if necessary.
- Content is transferred to DMC site.
- Training needed for the conference?
Community support for developer documentation
- Getting help from the MeeGo Community on documentation related issues: OBS instructions, sample applications -> how to get this started?
- guidelines for tutorial writers on wiki: SDK/Tutorial content