Wednesday, June 08, 2011, 10:00 AM US Pacific Time 916-356-2663, 8-356-2663, Bridge: 94, Passcode: 3998024
Objective: MeeGo SDK documentation review and general information sharing on the developer.meego.com (DMC) site
1. Review old AR's
2. Review documentation backlog
3. Review new entries into backlog since 1.2
4. Developer.meego.com (DMC) site status
5. Open discussion
Attendees: Marianne Vaiciulis, Daniel Holmlund, Joe Wolf, Jennifer Jiang, Ofer Levy , Bob Spencer
Agenda was modified based on participation:
- Daniel - has idea of getting all groups to publish under licensing that will allow others to reuse their work and modify. Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) preferred.
- Is there already a site wide license?
- DMC site (developer site) and wiki page may require it's own licensing. Marianne to check with Andy Wilson. We can ask the open source PDT. Some items will not be created common.
DMC editing is limited. All have read access. The wiki is open and all have edit rights.
This would help in building up the developer experience.
AR: Jennifer and Daniel to send list of folks that require editor rights to Bob.
- ISV's are a great example of a developer and we need to ensure the site meets their needs in documentation, etc.
- DMC Update: landing page improvement underway, guides section is being reorganized and using AppUp as a sample. A few weeks before publication is done.
Bob Duffy is redoing the section on the AppUp site for content organization. OTC would like to involve the AppUp folks that are part of the site organization.
- Content reviews for DMC on agenda.
-Perhaps a documentation steering comittee would encourage more community involvement. Resources are the only holdback.
- Process being set up for Intel AppUp and DPD to have their documentation reviewed for technical accuracy by the engineering team. AppUp and DPD will submit articles for review on Friday and the feedback will come on Monday. Meet again in two weeks depending on what times Nokia might be able to join. This process can be extended to the community members should they have content to contribute.
Next meeting to be held in 2 weeks (June 22).