Documentation Team Kick Off Meeting Agenda
Titta Väyrynen, Veli Kaksonen, Ville Lavonius, Ronan Mac Laverty,Murali Krishna Punaganti, Bob Spencer, Elliot Smith
Agenda for the kick off meeting
- MeeGo 1.1 release: target format/s and site/s
- developer.meego.com - release planned to be done at the same time as the SDK release. Ronan can give an account and password for anyone who needs it.
- Adding content directly into Drupal - possible 4.10.2010 (AP Ronan: confirm the date)
- Decision: start producing content in wiki, checkpoint later to see which content to move to Drupal (exception: API doc as HTML and QCH file)
- Ronan can create initial content structure for the release, today
- Agreeing on ways of working
- Meetings, communication channels - #meego-sdk @ freenode
- Backlog (storing requirements and following task progress) - use wiki for now, move to Bugzilla for 1.2
- Sharing work-in-progress drafts - let's use apidocs.meego.com for API documentation. Access from Mike Shaver
- First rough draft of a content plan
- Dividing content into areas and assigning owners for the areas - done, see below
- Possibly roadmapping some content areas for later releases?
- Agreeing on an approval process (testing, reviews)
- When should the content be ready for reviews and for testing? - two weeks before the release
- Test procedural information (step-list instructions) - agree in next meeting
- Suggestions for reviewers? - agree in next meeting
- Who gives final approval? - agree in next meeting
- Release updates after the official release day
- How to manage updates to content? Sprints? - agree in next meeting
- Terminology/glossary (Titta)
- Release overview, description of the developer offering (Ronan)
- Overview of MeeGo websites and their purpose (Ronan)
- Setup/Getting started instructions for application developers (from installation to first app, divide into smaller areas in meeting) (Bob, Veli)
- Setup/Getting started instructions for platform developers (community-driven area)
- Other tool instructions (e.g. linking to information on Qt tools, MADDE, MAD-Developer, Packaging tools, OBS use, appstore submission tools, performance tools) (Elliot)
- Architecture overview (Titta)
- Sunil / Arjan and Sakari updating. Representation changing.
- API reference and API overview : Qt 4.7, Qt mobility 1.0, Meego Touch (MTF), WRT (Murali Punaganti)
- Need to follow-up on platform API. How will it be presented.
- UI guidelines
- Elliot: I verified with the design team in the UK that the [design guidelines for handset http://meego.com/developers/ui-design-guidelines/handset] are current and valid; they were written by Nokia staff. No similar guidelines for netbook are planned.
- Elliot: whether we want to move this content to developer.meego.com is an open issue
- Samples (existing hello world level examples for Qt, Qt mobility, MeeGo Touch, and WRT) (Elliot and Kerry Jiang (PRC SDK mgr))
- Packaging and publishing (covered in other tool instr.)
- Release notes (Veli, Bob)
- Productization (covers all areas to some extent, but should this be a separate item?) (Titta, Ville)
Other topics proposed
- Sample applications
- Need sample for each major type of task (eventually). e.g. How to create mutlimedia app, how to use telephony apis, how to use social web services, etc.
- What do we do with the current documentation in wiki.meego.com ?
- look-and-feel (Style Guide exists, but CSS available on 4.10.
- define a process for adding new material to sites