1st MeeGo SDK Team Face-to-Face Workshop
Wednesday 17.11.2010, the whole day. From 9:00 to 16:00.
Start early, finish by 1600 (vacate the stadium for the game and for the 1845 flight out).
Bob has a room for us!
- Nokia: Veli Kaksonen, Ville Lavonius, Fathi Boudra, Maurice Kalinowski, Jaya Uppalapati, Titta Väyrynen, Kamal Bhatt, Ronan MacLaverty (?), Janne Sormunen (if needed).
- Intel: Bob Spencer, Kerry Jiang, Haitao Feng, Zhiyuan Lv, Jackie Wu (phone), Cathy Shen (phone), Elliot Smith (?), Dawn Foster (?),
Name in parenthesis is just the person who proposes an item, not an act of volunteering to run that show.
9:00 - 9:30 ::: 1.1 post-mortem (Ville)
- What went well
- What didn't go well
- Lessons learned
Expected outcome: Lessons learned wiki page
9:30 - 11:00 ::: 1.2 planning
- Content / architecture proposal
- High-level vision
- Key use cases
- Let's NOT go through the actual requirements-set in this meeting
- New SDK engine (MADDE evolution plans)
- Builds for multiple targets
- Specific topics
- Hard-fp support for ARM
- Installing & Updating the SDK
- How does a device vendor get to be part of the SDK?
- QEMU Skin support
- Device Control Framework
- GPS, accelerometer, camera, phone SIM
- GUI for controlling. (e.g. What do we provide for setting the GPS location etc?)
Expected outcome: Agree on vision for 1.2, Wiki page about the release vision
11:00 - 12:00 ::: Release Management with Distro Team F2F
- Any open issues with the SDK and distro release process
- How to handle new potential verticals in 2011 (Tablet, TV, IVI, etc.)
- QEMU image. Building with each vertical build
Expected outcome: Collaboration with Release Management Team initiated
12:00 - 12:45 ::: SDK program setup
- Team lead prospects
- Other responsibilities
Expected outcome: Agree on sub-teams and leading roles, team structure wiki page updated
12:45 - 13:30 ::: Luch
Expected outcome: Culinary satisfaction
13:30 - 14:30 ::: GTM activities
- Release checklist with owner, approver(s) and schedules for each deliverable
- Creating a release check list (Titta)
- Plan for 1.2
Expected outcome: Release checklist wiki page
14:30 - 15:00 ::: Strategic directions
- Requirements beyond 1.2
- Commercial tools (VTune, ...)
- Channel plans (OVI, AppUp, ...)
Expected outcome: Ideas collected
15:00 - 15:30 ::: RPM support
- rrpmbuild features (generate rpm package)
- missing features (missing provides/requires)
- app store expectations
15:30 - 16:00 ::: Next face-to-face meeting logistics
- January 2011?
- Somewhere accessible by a single flight for all participants
Expected outcome: Agreement on next F2F