This document contains agenda and minutes of SDK management chat teleconference meeting on 20100921 15:00 GMT.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Bob Spencer, Kerry Jiang
Agenda and minutes
- Additions to agenda
- AP: Take a look at collaborate (All)
- What is Intel/Nokia doing? Get everything open. Work towards same goal
- Three groups
- Goal: Create the best possible open source SDK with Nokia
- App Up Team
- Goal: iPhone/Apple etc. quality store (meego client in plans)
- Intel Tools
- Goal: Provide proprietary tools on top of MeeGo SDK
- Three groups
- MeeGo Devices
- Goal: Create the best possible open source SDK with Intel
- Other programs
- Qt (ASF)
- Goal: Provide Qt Developer Offering...
- Forum Nokia
- Goal: is to provide app store
- AP: Find out more info about this (Veli)
- Just one SDK
- AGREE: Merge QEMU projects
- AGREE: Intel will drive the Windows version of SDK for MeeGo 1.1
- Nokia to provide ARM bits and pieces
- Could we use Qt SDK Installer?
- AP: Get more info about Qt SDK Installer (Veli)
- Can we call it MeeGo SDK Installer?
- AGREE: Linux host SDK should come from the OBS builds
- Competition (Apple SDK, Android SDK)
- AP: Share the studies (Veli)
Postponed due to lack of time
- How to ensure that we are working towards the same goal
- Project plan
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Something ASAP
- Conference workshop
- Decision making
- Who do we need for decision making?
- Releasing & Packaging
- API ?
- Individual tools as subteams or a "tools" subteam that has them all ?
- WRT / Web SDK
- Marketing ?
- Anything else?
- Where are the components released?
- developer.meego.com or something else?
- Channels (build, tested, stable)
- What version of Qt SDK will be used?
Extending the SDK
- Plugin architecture
- e.g. we can't have skins for all the devices
- does QEMU cover all the supported devices (and which images will be provided for developers)?