MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110105
This document contains agenda and minutes of SDK weekly teleconference meeting on 20110105 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Ville Lavonius, Fathi Boudra, Jarmo Kant, Al Nikolov,John Chen, Jackie Wu, Bob Spencer, Max A Yu, Titta Väyrynen, Taru Laine, Cathy Shen, Kerry Jiang
SDK Program (Veli)
- MeeGo F2F Meeting in Portland (cancelled)
- SDK F2F Meeting in Helsinki on week 4 (24.-28. of January)
- Next F2F in Portland in April
- Google Spreadsheet for handling the feature status
- 20101215 AP: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Veli)
- List of attendees to this meeting:
- The guys who should be there... :)
- Veli Kaksonen
- Bob Spencer
- Ville Lavonius
- Nishant Tandon
- Kamal Bhatt
- Maurice Kalinowski
- Max A Yu
- Fathi Boudra
- Jackie Wu
- John Chen
- Haitao Feng
- Zhiyuan Lv
- Jun Tian
- Cathy Shen/her replacement
- Kerry Jiang
- Optional attendees
- We are working with those this week...
- 20101215 AP: Call the first Architecture meeting (Bob)
- Feature: Accomodate 3rd party libraries in addition to sysroot on Windows and Linux
- Feature to be discussed: Feature 10949 - [FEA] Make the installation of MeeGo SDK for Linux easier http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10949 (Maurice will be back on Jan 10th or 12nd)
- Feature: Windows builds (server, process)
- Action point: Bob to create topics wiki for Arch meetings.
- MeeGo 1.1.2 update ready
- Image creation in the next days
- AP: Write email to Veli about a substitute for Anas (Fathi/Jackie)
- MeeGo 1.2
- Toolchains IA32/ARM available
- kickstart file should have only minimal set of packages listed (BMC#11607)
- AP: revive the thread by mail to get a conclusion ASAP (Fathi)
- MeeGo Emulator doesn't work with GL-ES
- Intel eng team est 2months to get GL-ES working in QEMU
- At Mobile World Congress (MWC) Feb 14th, Intel planning to make announcement and need a good SDK working with latest 1.2 bits.
- Roll back to GL for all images
- Create GL-only SDK images
- Tell everyone the SDK is broken for next 2 months.
- AP: short-term work-around for Qt GLES (2 options)
- Qt and related packages backport to build against GL for SDK as short-term work-around(Fathi/Jackie??)
- Image cannot be created from official repository in this case
- Skip MeeGo 1.2 images until readu and use MeeGo 1.1 GL enabled
Windows port (Max)
- Created 1.2 preview, updated qtcreator, madde. tested by QA except QEMU
- Qt simulator: simulator.exe has been built.
- Working on 1.1.2
- Build server: filed a bug/ticket (http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762).
- AP: Talk about this with Tero Kojo (veli)
Mac OS X port
- No progress
- ARM toolchain available
- RPM manager must be modified to detect correct uname from the host where to install packages. It must be capable to detect two new architecture names "armv7hl" and "armv7nhl" from uname. Needs to be agree who can implement the change. According to RPM lead developer (Panu Matilainen) the change can be accepted to the upstream when it is ready.
- GCC has been updated to 4.5.1
- Planned deliveries
- Toolchain delivery (Linux) for 220.127.116.11, 2010-12-16 -- 2010-12-22
- Toolchain delivery (Windows) for 18.104.22.168, 2011-01-20 -- 2011-01-2
- Taru Laine starts as the new doc team lead
- 20101215 AP: Taru should write introductory email to Veli & Bob (Titta) DONE
- status of Windows SDK and API reference (updates for 1.1) - when can documentation be finalized? Windows SDK OK, no known update needs for API reference, but info on Qt Mobility backend needed.
- 20101215 AP Titta: ask from Quim how to communicate updates to SDK 1.1 release - blog post? DONE (blogpost is ok)
- 20101215 AP doc team: go through open action points from review sessions for SDK 1.1 release ONGOING (not many replies probably due to vacation period)
- MeeGo SDK Documentation status meetings will start next week. The first meeting is scheduled for Wednesday.
- We will start going through the documentation requirements for MeeGo 1.2 SDK this week.
- Sync between Intel & Nokia QA about test set
- Sanity test focus on daily sysroot check
- Basic feature test focus on weekly Qemu image and SDK Host packages
- Extended Feature test will be part of full pass for milestone release
- Performance test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- Reliability test will be part of full pass test for milestone release
- Did a round of Ubuntu10.10 test, no Fedora14 yet because the SDK packages are not ready. As to test result, please refer to http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/SDKTestReports.
- SDK reports will move to http://qa-reports.meego.com/ after SDK target profile is generated in website. See feature request: http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11237
- Bug status:
- Open 92 = Windows 10 + Linux 82
- Closed 89 = Windows 46 + Linux 43
- 6 critical bugs:
- #8887 [Windows] ARM QEMU binary for Windows is missing
- #11271 Qemu can't launch from Qt Creator
- #11109 MeeGo 1.1 API delivered many tap gestures for a swipe gesture
- #8365 Unable to Play Audio/Video Files in Emulator
- #10075 QEMU does not launch when installed and launched in Ubuntu 10.10
- #9737 [Windows] Fail to run application in Qemu
- Testing for 1.1 update is in progress on Ubuntu10.04 and Fedora13, test report can be expected today.
- Test transition is still in progress.