MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110209
This document contains agenda and minutes (added after the meeting) of SDK weekly teleconference meeting on 20110209 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Bob Spencer, Ville Lavonius, Maurice Kalinowski, Jarmo Kant, Juha Peisanen, John Chen, Jackie Wu, Taru Laine,Kerry Jiang
SDK Program (Veli)
- SDK F2F Meeting in Helsinki on week 7 (16.-18. of February)
- Next F2F in Portland
- OSTS is March 10-11 (Portland. Intel internal, but invitations for partners is common)
- MeeGo Conference May 23-25 (San Fran)
- 20101215 AP: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Maurice)
- Meeting with legal on Friday
- List of attendees to this meeting:
- The guys who should be there... :)
- Veli Kaksonen
- Bob Spencer
- Ville Lavonius
- Nishant Tandon
- Kamal Bhatt
- Maurice Kalinowski
- Max A Yu
- Fathi Boudra
- Jackie Wu
- John Chen
- Haitao Feng
- Zhiyuan Lv
- Jun Tian
- Cathy Shen/her replacement
- Prepelita, Arcadie
- Daniel Mihai
- Kerry Jiang
- Al Nikolov
- Riku Voipio
- Optional attendees
- Proposal: rework the entire feature mess to be better aligned with reality, more easily browsable and maintainable.
- Create a two-level hierarchy of items, and use the description field better to place an individual feature within the hierarchy.
- Top level items:
- SDK m(aintenance)
- Target m(aintenance)
- Project m(aintenance)
- Host support
- Every requirement is to be placed within that hierarchy, and renamed to reflect its position, and linked to the appropriate components (the component list is outdated, and the one used in the bugs shall be taken into use, and expanded as needed).
- Immediate steps (right here, right now):
- Agree that the set above is a decent enough working assumption.
- Open issue: documentation - shall a separate top level item be created for it, or will all documentation-related items be folded into the appropriate items (in which case something along the lines of "SDK productization" is probably required: release notes, installation instructions and generic documentation does not have a good home in the above).
- Next steps (by the workshop next week):
- Rework the entire current set into the new form, renaming features as needed.
- Add features as potential content.
- Review the set in Helsinki (Thursday or Friday), especially tagging things out of 1.2 as realistic.
- Steps after that
- Roll in the comments from the workshop.
- Cross-link to internal requirements DB.
- Request comments from the other programs (this set is extremely handset-centric).
(Meetings held weekly, as needed)
Topics for future meetings:
Covered in past weeks (Resolutions here: http://piratepad.net/qqICWdiYLl )
- Thurs 20th Meeting
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Qt Creator rc1 promotion and QA
- MeeGo 1.1.2 is out \o/ Hooray!
- MeeGo 1.1.2 QA results successfull even without MADDE hotfix. Need investigations.
- MeeGo 1.2
- Toolchains IA32/ARM promoted to Tools:SDK:Host on week 4
- Fedora 14 support is ongoing
- kickstart file should have only minimal set of packages listed (BMC#11607) (Fathi)
- Qt 4.7.1/Qt Creator 2.1/Qt tools promoted to Tools:SDK:Host on week 4 (Fathi)
- MWC will get QEMU GL ES for IA32
- Qt simulator
- Qt simulator for Linux is in progress. (Jackie Wu) (DONE)
- Need Fathi's final review.
- simulator-qt standalone? or qmake extra package only? (Jackie Wu/Fathi) simulator-qt standalone works.
- Windows: Max has trouble with Qt Simulator on Windows. It is 4GB. It is still developer build, for Tim's formal scripts doesn't work. Tim should help to fix the scripts. Maurice will ping Tim when he is back to office.
- MeeGo devices are missing, aava skin for IA32. It's in progress. (Jackie) (Jun Tian)
- Create gitorious project? (Jackie) (DONE)
- Images missing since 2 weeks because release team switched to weekly build and forget to create them in time (manual creation...)
Windows port (Max)
- The second preview of MeeGo 1.2 SDK has been released. Qt simulator is included.
- Winchow will be working on update toolchain.
- Build server: handling by IT (http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762). (Al)
- TODO: Attica/OBS plugin to build only (skip usability for now)
Mac OS X port
- David Lawlor starts at Portland, OR (Intel) on Jan 31st.
- Server has been discussed at intel
- ARM toolchain available
- Still some changes done to communication wiki. Hopefully can be published this week.
- There is a silicon bug in Cortex-A8 (also in N900) which prevents the use of Thumb2 instructions ( http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/ARM_ERRATA_430973.html). Therefore only NEON optimized toolchain can be used in the N900 reference.
- Taru Laine is the doc team lead.
- Documentation backlog for MeeGo 1.2 SDK can be found here: http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2
- Weekly documentation telco meetings have been postponed for now and will be restarted in March closer to the April release date.
- Issues to discuss at next week's face-to-face meetings in Helsinki:
- Current documentation process: described in http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Documentation
- New feature hierarchy and its impacts on documentation
- Community contribution for MeeGo 1.2 documentation, especially for Instructions and best practices and Sample applications.
- Finding owners for the following tasks: Device provisioning instructions for netbook, Netbook UI guidelines, Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature), Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature), Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Publishing channels for MeeGo 1.2 SDK documentation
- Timetable for MeeGo 1.2 SDK developer documentation features (based on the milestones assigned for the MeeGo 1.2 SDK features)
- Question: Since API is a relatively separate topic from the rest of the developer documentation, should there be an independent slot for it in team meetings? (or is this already a part of the Architecture team as a task force?)
- Sync between Intel & Nokia QA in weekly meetings
- All QA reports at http://qa-reports.meego.com/
- Feature status :
- Released :
- total 5
- test case exists 2
- under work 2
- Resolved :
- total 39
- testability checked 31
- test case exists 20
- under work 1
- Accepted :
- total 108
- testability checked 7
- test case exists 3
- Tested updated tools on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit and Fedora13 32bit with latest available sysroot.
- Results are in qa-reports.
- No new bugs, but on Ubuntu bugs #12561, #12853 and in Fedora13 #12561 are still valid.
- Testing ongoing on latest available sysroot (184.108.40.206.20110201.1) in Ubuntu 10.10 64bit and Fedora14 32bit.
- Test transition is still in progress.
- Review test cases on tl (BMC#12536)
- Formalize bug handling workflow