MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110302
This document contains agenda and minutes (added after the meeting) of SDK weekly telco meeting on 20110302 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
- Veli Kaksonen, Al Nikolov, Maurice Kalinowski, Fathi Boudra, Juha Kallioinen, Juha Peisanen, Max Yu, Bob Spencer, Jackie Wu, Arcadie, Azadeh, John Chen, Jaya
SDK Program (Veli)
- Nokia changes...
- Future of MeeGo.com work at Nokia is still unclear
- SDK Program continues as is for the time being.. \o/
- 20101215 AP DONE: What is the date of Open source of IFW? (Maurice)
- Proposal: rework the entire feature mess to be better aligned with reality, more easily browsable and maintainable.
- Create a two-level hierarchy of items, and use the description field better to place an individual feature within the hierarchy.
- Top level items:
- SDK m(aintenance)
- Target m(aintenance)
- Project m(aintenance)
- Host support
- Every requirement is to be placed within that hierarchy, and renamed to reflect its position, and linked to the appropriate components (the component list is outdated, and the one used in the bugs shall be taken into use, and expanded as needed).
- Immediate steps (right here, right now):
- Agree that the set above is a decent enough working assumption.
- Open issue: documentation - shall a separate top level item be created for it, or will all documentation-related items be folded into the appropriate items (in which case something along the lines of "SDK productization" is probably required: release notes, installation instructions and generic documentation does not have a good home in the above).
- Next steps (by the workshop next week):
- Rework the entire current set into the new form, renaming features as needed.
- Add features as potential content.
- Review the set in Helsinki (Thursday or Friday), especially tagging things out of 1.2 as realistic.
- Steps after that
- Roll in the comments from the workshop.
- Cross-link to internal requirements DB.
- Request comments from the other programs (this set is extremely handset-centric).
(Meetings held weekly, as needed)
Topics for future meetings:
- How to speed up MeeGo SDK
- Install (reduce size, target/sysroot management)
- Deploy/debug (QEMU acceleration, deploy w/o packaging, etc)
- rsync: Using QEMU files for sysroot
- Release process (discussion started)
- Windows builds (server - http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762, process)
- How to identify the installed MeeGo SDK version (registry key, file, gconf)
Covered in past weeks (Resolutions here: http://piratepad.net/qqICWdiYLl )
- Thurs 20th Meeting
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Qt Creator rc1 promotion and QA
- Toolchain broken on Fedora 14 ARM fixed, IA32 broken
- Qt 4.7.2, Qt Creator 2.1.0 released - to be integrated on week 9
- Random images broken regularly
- On week 8: meego-handset-ia32-qemu, meego-netbook-ia32-qemu (Jackie)
- On week 9: meego-handset-ia32-qemu, meego-netbook-ia32-qemu (Jackie) Working with Yi for the problem.
- qemu-arm and qemu-gl merge in progress
- Qt Simulator to review and promote
- Integrated meego-sdk-update-target and meego-sdk-checkversion into package meego-sdk-utils.
Windows port (Max)
- A new installer with shrunken Qt Simulator, latest Qt Creator and MADDE has been released to QA yesterday.
- Windows SDK will be released to QA every two weeks if there are enough new changes. It will take 1+ weeks for QA (1 person) to test it.
- Updated bug scrub guideline for review.
- server available at OSU. Al has started to set up it.
- A suid issue on the frontend build server - Max will follow this issue
- Windows machine availability issue - We'll try virtual system for Windows first
Mac OS X port (David)
- David Lawlor started in Portland, OR (Intel) on Jan 31st.
- Mac server available at OSU
- MacOS machine availability issue
- ARM toolchain available
- Beta desired for MeeGo 1.2 (release in May).
- Intel guess at release is July. But scoping work is just starting.
Toolchains (JuhaK / Jarmo)
- Toolchain meetings biweekly (http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Toolchains/Meetings#MeeGo_Toolchain_Project_Meetings)
- Al is working on building the arm cross compilers for hardfp. Done (OBS)
- Intel will start performance/regression testing with gcc 4.5.2 in the near future
- Talked a bit about taking 4.5.2 into use already in MeeGo 1.2, but that was considered a big risk this late
- MeeGo 1.3 toolchain is planned to be 4.5.2 or 4.5.3 if it comes out early enough, glibc 2.13, binutils 2.21
- Will have a telco with Linaro guys to chat about their toolchain work later today
- Next steps to be done (Anas Nasif to take care next week):
* Set up linkpac in Trunk
* Add in prjconf in relevant places
* Enable Trunk armv8el scheduler
* Disable all builds of armv8el
* Seed Trunk armv8el scheduler (/build/Trunk/standard/armv8el) with contents from devel:hardfp:prep:Trunk armv7el scheduler
* Enable builds for: glibc-arm | glibc-devel-arm | glibc-headers-arm | kernel-headers-arm
- Taru Laine is the doc team lead.
- Weekly documentation telco meetings will be restarted on March 3.
- Documentation backlog for MeeGo 1.2 SDK can be found here: http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2
- AP Taru: Invite Tiffiny to the MeeGo SDK documentation team meetings that will be restarted on week 9. DONE
- Unresolved issues to discuss with the SDK team:
- Documentation team members for this week's meeting.
- New feature hierarchy and its impacts on documentation
- Community contribution for MeeGo 1.2 documentation, especially for Instructions and best practices and Sample applications.
- Finding owners for the following tasks: Device provisioning instructions for netbook, Netbook UI guidelines, Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature), Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature), Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Timetable for MeeGo 1.2 SDK developer documentation features (based on the milestones assigned for the MeeGo 1.2 SDK features)
- All QA reports at http://qa-reports.meego.com/
- Feature status :
- Released :
- total 5
- test case exists 4
- Resolved :
- total 39
- testability checked 31
- test case exists 23
- under work 4 (+ OBS related cases are waiting for more information)
- Accepted :
- total 108
- testability checked 7
- test case exists 3
- Git repository for testplans exists and first tests puplished at http://testplans.meego.com/.
- Test transition is still in progress.
- Review test cases on tl (BMC#12536)
- Formalize bug handling workflow