MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 20110309
This document contains agenda and minutes (added after the meeting) of SDK weekly telco meeting on 20110309 07:30 EEST.
Conventions of this document
- AP: = Action point agreed on this meeting
- yyyymmdd AP: = Action point agreed on previous meeting
- yyyymmdd AP yyymmdd: = Action point agreed on previous meeting with a deadline
- yyyymmdd AP DONE: = Action point done
- yyyymmdd AP CANCELLED: = Action point cancelled
- AGREE: = Item that has been agreed by the team
- POSTPONED: = Agenda item postponed from last meeting
- OLD: = Info from previous meeting (delete during the meeting)
SDK Program (Veli)
(Meetings held weekly, as needed)
Topics for future meetings:
- How to speed up MeeGo SDK
- Install (reduce size, target/sysroot management)
- Deploy/debug (QEMU acceleration, deploy w/o packaging, etc)
- rsync: Using QEMU files for sysroot
- Release process (discussion started)
- Windows builds (server - http://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11762, process)
- How to identify the installed MeeGo SDK version (registry key, file, gconf)
Covered in past weeks (Resolutions here: http://piratepad.net/qqICWdiYLl )
- Thurs 20th Meeting
- Package group - list of devel packages in sysroot
- Qt Creator rc1 promotion and QA
- Toolchain broken on Fedora 14 ARM fixed, IA32 broken
- Qt 4.7.2, Qt Creator 2.1.0 released - to be integrated on week 9
- Random images broken regularly
- On week 8: meego-handset-ia32-qemu, meego-netbook-ia32-qemu (Jackie)
- On week 9: meego-handset-ia32-qemu, meego-netbook-ia32-qemu (Jackie) Working with Yi for the problem.
- qemu-arm and qemu-gl merge in progress
- Qt Simulator to review and promote
- Integrated meego-sdk-update-target and meego-sdk-checkversion into package meego-sdk-utils.
Windows port (Max)
- A new installer with shrunken Qt Simulator, latest Qt Creator and MADDE has been released to QA yesterday.
- Windows SDK will be released to QA every two weeks if there are enough new changes. It will take 1+ weeks for QA (1 person) to test it.
- Updated bug scrub guideline for review.
- server available at OSU. Al has started to set up it.
- A suid issue on the frontend build server - Max will follow this issue
- Windows machine availability issue - We'll try virtual system for Windows first
Mac OS X port (David)
- David Lawlor started in Portland, OR (Intel) on Jan 31st.
- Mac server available at OSU
- MacOS machine availability issue
- ARM toolchain available
- Beta desired for MeeGo 1.2 (release in May).
- Intel guess at release is July. But scoping work is just starting.
Toolchains (JuhaK / Jarmo)
- Toolchain meetings biweekly (http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Toolchains/Meetings#MeeGo_Toolchain_Project_Meetings)
- Al is working on building the arm cross compilers for hardfp. Done (OBS)
- Intel will start performance/regression testing with gcc 4.5.2 in the near future
- Talked a bit about taking 4.5.2 into use already in MeeGo 1.2, but that was considered a big risk this late
- MeeGo 1.3 toolchain is planned to be 4.5.2 or 4.5.3 if it comes out early enough, glibc 2.13, binutils 2.21
- Will have a telco with Linaro guys to chat about their toolchain work later today
- Next steps to be done (Anas Nasif to take care next week):
* Set up linkpac in Trunk
* Add in prjconf in relevant places
* Enable Trunk armv8el scheduler
* Disable all builds of armv8el
* Seed Trunk armv8el scheduler (/build/Trunk/standard/armv8el) with contents from devel:hardfp:prep:Trunk armv7el scheduler
* Enable builds for: glibc-arm | glibc-devel-arm | glibc-headers-arm | kernel-headers-arm
- Taru Laine is the doc team lead.
- Weekly documentation telco meetings will be restarted on March 3.
- Documentation backlog for MeeGo 1.2 SDK can be found here: http://wiki.meego.com/Documentation_Backlog_for_MeeGo_1.2
- AP Taru: Invite Tiffiny to the MeeGo SDK documentation team meetings that will be restarted on week 9. DONE
- Unresolved issues to discuss with the SDK team:
- Documentation team members for this week's meeting.
- New feature hierarchy and its impacts on documentation
- Community contribution for MeeGo 1.2 documentation, especially for Instructions and best practices and Sample applications.
- Finding owners for the following tasks: Device provisioning instructions for netbook, Netbook UI guidelines, Debugging instructions for MeeGo 1.2 SDK (currently part of Other documentations feature), Creating a Hello world application (currently part of Other documentations feature), Instructions for building MeeGo image/QEMU image (currently part of Other documentations feature)
- Timetable for MeeGo 1.2 SDK developer documentation features (based on the milestones assigned for the MeeGo 1.2 SDK features)
- All QA reports at http://qa-reports.meego.com/
- Feature status :
- Released :
- total 5
- test case exists 4
- Resolved :
- total 39
- testability checked 31
- test case exists 23
- under work 4 (+ OBS related cases are waiting for more information)
- Accepted :
- total 108
- testability checked 7
- test case exists 3
- Git repository for testplans exists and first tests puplished at http://testplans.meego.com/.
- Test transition is still in progress.
- Review test cases on tl (BMC#12536)
- Formalize bug handling workflow