MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 2011-04-14
Bob Spencer, Taru Laine, Al Nikolov, Max Yu, Fathi BoudraMarianne Vaiciulis, Juha Peisanen, Jaya Uppalapati, Azadeh Karimian, Maurice Kalinowski
Pre-Agenda... waiting for Veli
Intel SDK program manager: Marianne Vaiciulis
Intel open sourcing of tablet (w/SDK support):
MeeGo 1.2 targets: x86 netbook/handset (1.1.2), x86 tablet (also some examle hardware... ExoPC), n900, Harmattan
MeeGo 1.2 Release is May 19th. Right before conference.
April 11th MeeGo 1.2 Pre-release (Beta).
Configurable skin support. Qt Simulator and QEMU w/MeeGo skins
Clean split (phase 1) of installer and target.
Phase 1: Installer shows available targets.
Phase 2: stand-alone "Target Manager" in progress.
AR: Bob to start discussion w/Maurice and Qt team
Nokia's plans for MeeGo 1.2
n900 main device for 1.2
Murali has created MeeGo 1.2 API docs
Updated toolchain for ARM (Juha Kallioinen, Al Nikolov)
Feature scrub. Summary for MeeGo 1.2
AR: All to review their own features
Bug scrub. Summary for MeeGo 1.2
Jaya / Ionut: Priortizing bugs? Bug scrub
Default spec contents: https://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14292
RPM creation template in Qt Creator/Qt Creator spec file editor/helper
Fathi to discuss in arch mtg.
MeeGo Conference activiies (pre-conference sessions, AppUp developer training, SDK installation station, sessions, etc)
Attendees: Bob, Jaya, Ville (proposed SDK topic)
Update to 1.2 content
Change theming to match meego.com
Remove marketing duplication
SDK Program (Veli)
AP: Intel to organize features. In progress.
- Next meeting to discuss Installer (Maurice)
- Template for RPMs
- Edmondas' research on QEMU / sysroot / rsync / samba
- Code freeze for packages stabilization
- Bug fix only (Azadeh/Edmondas)
- exception: Toolchains
- Intel resources focused on the SDK installer
- ARM hardfp toolchain missing
- Sysroot/QEMU Images missing
- MADDE configurations to update accordingly
Windows port (Max)
- Simulator Qt built by MinGW.
- Is MinGW already part of installer? Yes.
- Developer could choose either VS (they install), or MinGW (part of installer options)
- Same behavior as Nokia Qt SDK
- Al has set up toolchain (ARM only) building on build server (at OSU)
Mac OS X port (David)
- No progress. David focusing on sample applications for now
- ARM hardfp promotion
- Enable cloog/ppl optimization
- binutils update for Fedora14
- patch proposed to fix the build
- Taru Laine will be on holiday from 15 to 25 April.
- We had a documentation status meeting yesterday. The minutes are here: http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Documentation/MeetingMinutes/20110413#Agenda
- In the meeting we discussed the following topics:
- Installation process should be ready for documenting by the end of this week.
- All the documentation features have now been assigned. The only features without owners are the ones related to OBS packaging and installation. Netbook UX guidelines was postponed to a later release unless we get more resources or material on this.
- New MeeGo 1.2 SDK features in Bugzilla needed for creating instructions for developing with MeeGo chroot and Xephyr. AP: Bob Spencer has an action point on this.
- We also need more detailed information on the process and timetables for publishing the SDK content on the DMC publishing site. This is crucial for us to be able to finish the documentation on time. The schedule for documentation is very tight.
- AP: Schedule proposal for documents: when due.
- AP: Get quality documentation process: tech review, language review, approval.
- Open issues:
- Which performance testing tools are supported by MeeGo 1.2 SDK?
- Installation/packaging instructions for OBS - can these included in the developer library?
- Testing tools publicized?
- Testing not done last and this week because no weekly sysroot images available for ARM.
- Testlink (tl.meego.com) is not available. Needs some security checkings to get it available. Adam Gretzinger from Intel is working on it.
- Intel team (Ionut Gavez) tested tablet release / installer