MeeGo SDK Weekly Meeting 2011-05-02
Veli Kaksonen, Bob Spencer, Juha Kallioinen, Max Yu, Maurice Kalinowski, Ville Lavonius,Juha Peisanen, Jaya Uppalapati, Azadeh Karimian, Jackie Wu, Ionut Gavaz, Taru Laine, Al Nikolov
SDK Program (Veli)
- Main focus for Nokia is N900 DE
- SDK Needs to support that
- There are three SDKs at the moment but the target is to merge these into one
- AP: Meeting about SDK offerings (Veli)
- Bob, Ville, Santtu, Mark Skarpness, Maurice, Veli
- AP: Meeting about the future of the SDK Program (Veli)
- Features 1.2 underway. Next meeting early this week
- Marriane will provide more information next week
- 1.2 toolchain has been ready for all distroes but Fedora 14 64bits.
Jackie: will F14 be supported w/32-bits? Yes
Will Ubuntu 64-bit be supported? The toolchain supports that but the SDK installer does not support it. That means it can not be installed by the GUI based MeeGo SDK installer for 1.2 release. Developer is able to install by command line.
If I install the 32-bit version of SDK on 64-bit system, will it work? We have not verified that.
- 1.1 toolchain is in progress for Fedora 14.
Is this expected to be supported in 1.2 release? Yes, we expect the 1.2 release have the 1.1 toolchain for MeeGo 1.1 support, especially the Netbook 1.1.
- Only 32bits host machine will be supported with the GUI based installer.
- Qt Simulator, Simulator Qt (4.7.2, qtm 1.2.0) and MeeGo skins have been in Tools:SDK:Host project.
- Simulator-qt was updated to 4.7.2
- toolchains for 1.2 should be ready, the n900 development was demonstrated in MeeGo meeting in Tampere two weeks ago. The questions below are to be clarified, from Nokia side the N900 DE target is the main ARM target.
- Juha will address the toolchain specific bugs in bugzilla assigned to me this week.
Is the distribution team building this anymore? If so, where is it?
For ARM, besides to toolchain, how about the targets? The meego-core-armv7l-madde-sysroot, meego-handset-armv7l-madde-sysroot, meego-handset-armv7hl-madde-sysroot, meego-handset-armv7l-qemu and meego-handset-armv7hl-qemu are created by distro team. which one will be used?
* I hope someone can answer this, I don't really know about all the sysroots (Juha)
- For now, Taru Laine is still the documentation lead. However, due to her other responsibilities at Nokia, she will have very limited time for the work in this program during the coming weeks. Thus, it has been agreed that some of the MeeGo 1.2 SDK documentation lead tasks will be transferred to Marianne Vaiciulis. There will be a separate meeting on this during this week.
- The most urgent task at the moment:
Contact all SDK team members to whom documentation features have been assigned in Bugzilla and find out whether they have made any progress and whether they will have enough time to finish their tasks on time.
-> Since documentation will also need to be tested and reviewed before it can be released, the schedule is extremely tight.
-> please update this page if you have relevant content. Thank you!
- Open issues:
- Which performance testing tools are supported by MeeGo 1.2 SDK?
- Installation/packaging instructions for OBS - can these included in the developer library?
- Testing tools publicized?
- Basic testing on Windows 7, XP, Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 13 and Fedora 14
- Bug verification
- Work has been started on API testing
- Work has been started on automating the basic tests
- no new sysroot images available, tested updated tools using latest available image from 126.96.36.199.20110329.5
- bug verification
- test case creation for nokia assigned features - few cases still missing
- test cases added also in testplans.meego.com