Meeting Minutes - June 7, 2011 Weekly Meeting
1. Meeting Objective
2. Subgroup report outs:
Qt - Maurice
Qt creator and simulator - no specific items to report on 6/7; simulator discussions with Haito and mobility and QEMU images; Maurice will be at the contributor conference next week; 2.2 is out and work for 2.3 is targeted for end of June; 2.4 planned for this year but not concrete date available (may be December).
Toolchain - Jackie
Fedora 14 support for 64 bit issue. Fedora 15 support on OBS trying to build the toolchain for 1.2; 1.3 toolchain in MeeGo trunk enabling concern; ARM toolchain is built from same source code is ok.
Installer - John
Many bugs still being worked. Want to discuss more with Maurice on future of the installer. Provide requirements if possible. Nokia sees fixes in Intel branch for upstream. Merge request in gitoirius should be used to send updates. Installer framework not part of open governance round. Must sign Qt contribution license agreement to send merge request. Nokia licensing reports no problems. Intel to also check on their side on the legal aspect. Plan is to continue with IFW.
QA - Ionut
Automation. Use cases, installer (open source tools) and MeeGo API. Focus shifting to a more constructive approach for testing. Bug triage includes working with Nokia rep. No additional testing by Nokia at this time. MeeGo API lacks coverage for some time. Is there a roadmap for Nokia to make their test frameworks open for Intel to use? Ville can talk to Murali to follow up and let Intel know if possible to use as it is not open sourced. Near future will be focus emulator testing on the Mac.
Documentation - Marianne
Next update meeting tomorrow; DMC site now open and is primary focus for contributing documentation; reviewing wiki content and ensuring works with 1.2 and then moving to guides section; transition from activearc to another team to improve site; theming, performance improvements, etc. are a focus. Searchability and organization also focus. Anyone that wants to author on the site, let Bob Spencer know so you can be granted access/permission. Encourage community contributions. DMC site is now the site for the AppUp developers as well. Looking for a better way to transfer content other than manually. current process is time consuming. Goal is to have one MeeGo SDK downloadable from meego.com. More to report on that as time goes on.
Windows - Max
Currently working on IP Plan.
Mac - David (no update 6/7)
OSU MacOS X networking issue
3. Architecture Update
Jackie to present OBS package-based SDK vs. tar.gz based SDK.
Use of OBS is good for open source projects; removal will end up with SDK being built on a developers host. This is impossible to know how it was built to rebuild if needed. This is an important distinction. Recommend continued use of OBS for creation of packages.
Feedback: Use of OBS is good for open source projects; removal will end up with SDK being built on a developers host. This is impossible to know how it was built to rebuild if needed. This is an important distinction. Recommend continued use of OBS for creation of packages.
Bob recommends move to IFW with OBS where appropriate. More discussion to follow offline on how to make this work. Potential issue with merging Qt SDK and MeeGo SDK also requires more discussion