< SDK | Meetings
(Difference between revisions)
Latest revision as of 19:56, 19 October 2010
This document contains agenda and minutes of SDK weekly teleconference meeting on 20101014 05:30 GMT.
THIS TIME WE HAVE A SPECIAL WORKSHOP ABOUT MEEGO 1.1.
Veli Kaksonen,Maurice Kalinowski, Ville Lavonius, Al Nikolov, Bob Spencer, Jackie Wu, Kerry Jiang, John Chen,Max A Yu, Cathy Shen, Jaya Uppalapati, Titta Väyrynen
What are we missing on each area
10 minutes, what are we missing from 1.1.
- General agreement on architecture (PPT presentation) exists, but an introduction needed to doc (requires help from architects) (Titta)
- The requirements are not yet in Bugzilla (currently only as an excel-sheet). Needs meeting for agreement. Still quite incomplete probably. Probably, but in comparison to other domains in featurezilla, this should be OK for 1.1, but obviously an area of constant improvement as we move along.
- Do we have agreement on the API that we promote?
- Doc team meeting 12.10. status on API:
- Qt 4.7, Qt mobility 1.0, Meego Touch (MTF), OpenGL ES 1.1 (???), 2.0 - review end of wk 41 (Murali Punaganti)
- WRT (no owner, yet?) Delivered via Forum Nokia and we just point to the info.
- "MeeGo Advanced API" (platform API): gstreamer, pulseaudio (Murali and Bob to discuss what is needed)
- Janne Sormunen (product management), Tuomo Vehkomäki (system architecture)
- Sakari / Mikko
- Sunil / Ajran (architects).
- AP: Send this to the rest of the people who we need for agreement (Bob)
General / Project Management / Program Management
- What is the high-level mission statement for 1.1 - i.e. what is the expected set of deliverables on the OMT level?
- Have we listed down what we are actually releasing?
- Intel expectations: Linux and windows environments with emulations for both, Native and WRT. Documentation
- Nokia expects to have device connectivity
- Use the requirements excel to pin down release-specific requirements?
- AP: Create a thread about this (Veli)
- AP: Share/exchange point for large artifacts (Bob to describe Intel anon ftp)
- AP: Can we have a release checklist (what, who, when, where)? (Veli)
- AP: What is the official name for the SDK? (Bob)
- Intel: Imad, <architects>
- Nokia: Valtteri, Ronan, ...
Releasing / Packaging
- AP: toolchains packages, debian packages, different distros (Fathi)
- AP: naming convention (x86, ia32, i586, atom, architecture?, arm, armv7l) (Fathi/Jackie/RM)
- AP: N900 QEMU images (next round of test needed) (Fathi)
- AP: separate images per vertical (Fathi)
- QEMU kernel modules issue: shipped from SDK or merged in the kernel. If shipped from SDK, source is needed for different MeeGo kernel, which is not the one in OBS.(It's not important.)
- 1.1 from SDK team, 1.2 from kernel team... (Fathi)
- AP: write a mail about static repository BMC#7278 (Fathi)
- installer technology agreement (how to build installers? madde/nokia sdk?)
- Windows installer (in progress)
- AP: email about installing: Fathi, Maurice, Veli, Intel folks (Bob)
- IFW needs configuration files. (on behalf of Max-- query to Maurice)
- AP: madde x86 branch not merged (Fathi)
- packaged toolchain integration with madde. madde now support tarball only. FOR 1.2
- AP: SDK Packaging Guidelines (Fathi)
- Common source (tar.gz)
- Common patches (non-fuzzy, -p1, quilt, documented)
- Less changes by sed
- AP: SDK Meta Packages are still empty for ia32 (John (Zhang) Chen)
- How does WRT area relate to the requirements? Is it mapped there and who is responsible for that area? Just links...
- AP DONE: x86 toolchain for Fedora13 is ready for commit.
- AP: Toolchains for other Linux distrinutions (Jackie Wu)
- FOR1.2: Toolchain creation methodology. LFS or minimal sysroot.(JackieWu/Al/Fathi)
- Risky areas:
- Developer offering description - Introductive material (requires a clear, common vision of what we are providing with the release) (
- Management review: Oct 20th (next Wed). Links to new website planned to be sent to Imad/Valterri on Oct 18th (Mon).
- Editor accounts for new site have been created for Intel guys.
- AP: check if Ronan can provide a draft to be reviewed by Bob, Veli, and Ville. Of not, notify Bob) (Titta)
- WRT: No Linux-host "Nokia WRT SDK" released (exists at Nokia but has bugs)
- AP: When can we have this? (Bob)
- AP: RPM packager (Xu Zhang/Fathi)?
- AP: Create a wiki page about RPM packager: what are we going about it, next steps etc. (Xu)
- FOR1.2: Can RPM packages be created with Madde CLI?
- AP: Clarify mad-developer features (Veli)
- Is mad-developer needed for windows? (needs to be there to enable usb networking on windows)
- device provisioning tools (i.e. mad-developer on N900) for other supported targets (Aava, ...)
- AP: package mad-developer (Fathi)
- HIGH RISK: Rpm packaging on windows is not working (Xu Zhang, Intel)
- FOR1.2: QEMU GL is too slow on Windows (Zhiyuan Lv, Intel)
- FOR1.2 or updates for 1.1: VM for Windows with good performance
- what is an appropriate framerate target for OpenGL ES 2.0 content? Currently just subjective "does it feel fast enough")
- AP: ARM toolchain/sysroot integration (John)
- AP: QEMU (arm), qt-tools (Al)
- AP: Send the SDK to Nokia (John/Max)
- HIGH RISK AP: Check if Windows installer can be used for MeeGo 1.1 release (Maurice)
- This is how to install without meta packages: http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Testing
- FOR LINUX, DON'T USE ANY OTHER PACKAGES THAN ONES BUILT WITH OBS
- What packages need to be updated? (in OBS?)
- MADDE: Some changes (xtar?, rpm packaging) still need to get into OBS build. Some x86 changes can't be accepted into master branch. If can't merge in time, we may have two versions for 1.1. Still needs to come from OBS.(Do we have agreement on that? two versions for linux) (no, 2 versions: master for Linux/x86 for Windows)
- Qt Creator
- AGREE: We will have two versions of MADDE for 1.1 (Linux & Windows). They should be tested on all targets (ARM/IA32).
- AGREE: We will have only one version of MADDE after 1.2
- Pre-release packages (beta? public packages to test)
- Only test the installer as whole package, not for seperate packages from OBS yet.
- Has Qt Creator madde version for MeeGo been tested?
- Do we get decision on which final version of QtCreator and madde will be released for MeeGo 1.1 SDK? (Qt Creator 2.0.1 and MADDE 0.7.42)
- Installers are missing still or outdated.
- AGREE: For 1.1, meta-package is the final way to install SDK on Linux.
- Testing plan / matrix to gather metrics on quality
- Seek feedback on test report
- Testing burden:
- Nokia: Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE
- Intel: Fedora, Windows, Ubuntu
Based on the excel sheet sent out yesterday.
Current state captured in Bob's edits.
Continues today at 1500 GMT.