Configuring access to an emulated device in Qt Creator
To configure access to an emulated device:
- Open Tools > Options > Projects > MeeGo Device Configurations.
- In the dialog box, create a new Device Configuration by clicking on Add.
- Give the new Device Configuration a name in the Configuration Name text field, and add the following settings in the other test fields:
- Device type: choose MeeGo emulator
- Authentication type: Password
- Host name: 127.0.0.1
- Ports, SSH: 6666
- Note that the emulator is setup with a redirect from port 6666 on localhost to the SSH port (22) of the emulated device.
- Ports, Gdb Server: 13219 (the default)
- Note: If this port is not free, you can select another one.
- Connection Timeout: 30
- User Name: root
- Password: meego
- Click Apply.
- To test the settings, ensure that the emulated device is running, then click Test.
- If successful, you'll see a dialog box with the message "Device configuration successful".
- If the message "Could not connect to host" is displayed, check your setting selections and make sure that the network is connected.
- Click Close and OK.