Build an app for Qt Simulator, and run it with Qt Simulator
- Note: MTF apps cannot be built with simulator currently, while Qt apps can be built.
- Microsoft C++ Compiler is required to build apps for Qt Simulator. To meet this requirement, you can install one of the following software:
Add Qt Simulator target
The target will be configured automatically after installation. Click 'Rebuild' button if 'Debugging helpers' is not with green correction sign.
Provided that the configuation is not correct, follow the below steps to config it manually.
- Launch Qt Creator
- Go to Tools->Options->Qt4->Qt Versions
- Click the "+" to add a new "Qt Version"
- In "Version name", provide a name, e.g, "Simulator - MSVC".
- In "qmake location:", browse and select qmake location: <MEEGO_SDK>\Simulator\Qt\msvc2008\bin\qmake.exe. Replace <MEEGO_SDK> with the directory where you installed MeeGo SDK; the default is C:\MeeGoSDK_1.2.
- In "Toolchain:", browse and select "Microsoft Visual C++ Compilers 9.0 (x86)" if you installed "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1", or select "Microsoft Visual C++ Compilers 8.0 (x86)" if you installed "Microsoft Visio C++ 2008 Express Edition".
- To use the simulator, please refer to http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtsimulator-1.1/simulator-starting.html for more information. If the simulator cannot be load automatically from Qt Creator, you can launch it once manually by double clicking the icon of "<MEEGO_SDK>\Simulator\Application\simulator.exe" in Explorer.
An alternative approach to add a new "Qt Version" is to use libraries of MinGW. Note, the component "Simulator Qt 4.7.2 - MinGW 4.4" should be installed firstly when installation or maintenance.
- In "Version name", provide a name, e.g, "Simulator - MinGW".
- In "qmake location:", browse and select qmake location: <MEEGO_SDK>\Simulator\Qt\mingw\bin\qmake.exe.
- In "MinGW directory:", browse and select <MEEGO_SDK>\mingw if you installed the component of "Miscellaneous\MinGW".
- If debug is needed furthermore, in Options->Debugger->Gdb, Click the "+" to add a new GDB tool. Browse and select gdb tool: <MEEGO_SDK>\mingw\bin\gdb.exe and then check "MinGW" option.
Install Debugging Tools for Windows
You need to install Debugging Tools for Windows for debugging apps with simulator.
- Launch Qt Creator
- Select Tools->Option->Debugger->Cdb, check 'CDB'
- Click the hyperlink of "Debugging Tools for Windows"
- If the CDB path had not been configured preperly, click 'Auto Detect' button to set it manually.
Change Skins for Simulator
After the Simulator launched, select the View->Device to change skins.