This document describes how to setup the MeeGo Tablet SDK 1.2 Preview on your Linux workstation. It includes:
- SDK setup
- Guidance for creating a basic MeeGo Touch Framework (MTF) application
- Steps for running & debugging the application in the MeeGo tablet emulator, based on QEMU
- Linux distribution: You should be running a reasonably modern Linux distribution. The following have been validated (32-bit versions only): Fedora 12, Fedora 13, Ubuntu 9.10, Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10. Additional Linux distribution may work and will be validated and supported in time.
- Hardware: You should be running reasonably modern hardware, such as 32-bit Intel Core 2 CPU.
- Root privileges: You will need to install components on your host that will require root privileges. For convenience it is recommended that you setup "sudo" capabilities (edit /etc/sudoers) to easily switch between root and normal user privileges. In case the proxy is needed, make sure to add "Default env_keep += "http_proxy https_proxy no_proxy" into /etc/sudoers.
For guidance on understanding some documentation formatting, see the Documentation Notes.
The installation steps are broken into two topics:
- Download and install the SDK
- Using Qt Creator to Develop MeeGo Applications