SDK Team Proposal
- PM - Veli Kaksonen (official), Bob Spencer (Backup)
- Architect - Bob Spencer (official), Veli Kaksonen (Backup)
- Product Manager - Ville Lavonius
- Release Manager - Fathi Boudra (official), Kevin Wang (Backup)
- QA Lead - Jaya Uppalapati (official), Cathy Shen (backup)
- Documentation Lead - Bob, Elliot, Ronan, Titta... ??
- Toolchain Lead - Jarmo Kant
- MADDE - Fathi Boudra
- Qt Creator + plugins - Fathi Boudra
- QEMU - Fathi Boudra
- Virtual Box - Haitao Feng
- Chroot & Xephyr - Haitao Feng
- Toolchains ARM - Al Nikolov
- Toolchains IA - Kevin Wang
Subsystem Maintainers (official, backup)
[development. These guys know the components inside out]:
- Installer - (we need to first figure out what installer we use)
- Qt Creator - Maurice Kalinowski, John Chen
- Qt Creator plugin for MADDE - Nishant Tandon
- Qt Creator plugin for OBS - Max Yu
- Qt Creator plugins ... - ...
- MADDE -
- OBS - (is this ours or not?)
- QEMU - Riku Voipio, Zhiyan Lv
- Virtual Box run environment - Haitao Feng
- Chroot & Xephyr run environment - Haitao Feng
- Toolchains (this needs to be opened to gcc, glibc...)- (Risto Lankinen)
Notes / discussion
- Few more comments on task breakdown, to see if there is something important/big item missing here:
- What about integration of tools like PowerTOP, Oprofile, Valgrind? including integration into OBS as RPMs and with Qt Creator as plugins
- What about integration with Qt WRT SDK? Qt WRT not in the scope of 1.1?
- Fathi: Qt WRT is available for MeeGo 1.1. It's a bit late for integration into 1.1. I'm in favor of postponing to 1.2.
- Is the UI/Qt Designer considered by Qt Creator efforts, AFAIK, it is also standalone tool and important to developers? Is it good enough to support all Toolkits/APIs?
- Fathi: definitely, yes. Qt Creator team planned to improve this area. What do you mean by "all" Toolkits/APIs?
- Device simulation (skin, platform specific devices) already covered by QEMU? Should we separate the efforts on QEMU to bootup and run MeeGo images with good performance from the efforts on simulating devices specific to platforms for multiple OSs(Win,Linux, Mac). Both are big task task items.
- Fathi: true. actually, the same team is handling QEMU related tasks.