MeeGo Toolchain Change Process
The following diagram figures out the process how the changes to the Toolchain components are done.
It contains a following roles:
- Request Initiator - A stakeholder that wants to change version or add/remove of some component in the Toolchain.
- MeeGo Toolchain WG - Toolchain working group in MeeGo
- Partner - A stakeholder using the Toolchain
Most important deliverable is the Change Request (CR). It is filed by the Request Initiator and contains the following information:
- Changed component
- Version change
- Business reason for the change
- Impact analysis where the change affects
The procedure step by step:
- Request Initiator wants to change Toolchain and files the CR
- Toolchain WG handles the CR and pass it to the relevant Partners
- Partner possibly handles it in their internal decision making body and checks at least the following:
* changed component is buildable
* executes performance tests
* checks that the packages can be built using the changed Toolchain
- Report of the analysis is handled by the Partner and based on the results Partner gives verdict whether to approve or reject the CR.
- Response is handled in the MeeGo Toolchain WG and it the Request Initiator is informed. Based on the results the new component is taken into Toolchain or not.... (escalating path?, ???)