Draft proposal to improve the Community Office mission and structure:
The Community Office (CO) defines and implements the strategy for community collaboration and project promotion.
The work of the CO is organized at the meego-community mailing list.
- Coordination: Dawn Foster and Quim Gil
- Community Management and Collaboration: Dawn Foster
- Processes - community communication channels, contributions and collaboration.
- Events - MeeGo Conference, community involvement and more.
- Metrics - data gathering and analysis, measurements of community health.
- Project Marketing and Evangelism: Quim Gil
- meego.com content - homepage, announcements, background info, media kit.
- Evangelism - merchandising, grassroots campaigns, open source advocate.
- Events - sponsoring events, supporting speakers and more.
- Trademark - compliance, brand guidelines, characters - Note: I think this is already owned by Mark / Claire & should be removed Dawnfoster 00:40, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- IT Infrastructure: Stefano Mosconi.
- meego.com - Mike Shaver.
- (rest of services listed here)
- http://meego.com/about/governance/support would be basically eliminated as own entity: --Qgil 00:18, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't have coordinator. Is not working as own entity. It has been basically an "Other" box.
- IT in practice is organized next to CO.
- L10n is part of product development = Program Office
- User documentation can be considered part of meego.com work.
- Legal is split between community management (licensing, contributions) and marketing (trademark, compliance).
- "Marketing and Events" is duplicated anyway.