I like the idea to make a desktop release of MeeGo. To base this desktop experience on the "netbook UX" is probably the fastest way to get started, but I think it would be even better in the longer term if the "desktop UX" could be derived from KDE :
- KDE 4 is now a mature and awesome desktop shell.
- KDE has a rich and powerfull community. Making KDE the MeeGo "Desktop UX" could boost their interest in MeeGo.
- KDE has a lot of great application for the desktop.
- KDE is completely Qt-based, so it is a smart choice considering the central role of Qt in MeeGo.
- I have read (planetkde.org or a youtube video?) that there is KDE devs interested in porting KDE to MeeGo.
Bzhbok 21:46, 3 August 2010 (UTC)