If you are scheduled to present in the Technical Steering Group meetings, here are a few things you need to know and a few requirements.
Post Materials 24 Hours in Advance
- Presentation materials: All presentation materials must be posted on the wiki 24 hours prior to the meeting (Tuesday at 19:00 UTC). This is required to give the TSG members and other stakeholders time to prepare. Agenda items without posted materials by the deadline may be removed from the agenda.
- Link from agenda: Your presentation materials must be linked from the agenda.
- Format of materials: The format of your materials is up to you, but keep in mind that you will be presenting over IRC, so simple text updates are probably a good choice.
- Updates: If you are doing an update for a specific TSG meeting rather than something completed for approval, you can put it under the Technical Steering Group meetings section with a date in the title - like this example from the Compliance Update.
- Announcements: Announcements are most often linked to the blog post or other public place where the announcement was made.
- Approvals: Requests for approval should be linked to the actual document describing the final version of the work being approved.
- Nominations: Nominations usually link to the MeeGo account of the person being nominated.
Invite Your Team and Stakeholders
- Please do not forget to invite the right people for your topic. This is your responsibility as the presenter to make sure that you have the right people in attendance. You'll want to make sure that you have people in the meeting to answer detailed questions or provide additional information. If questions from the TSG are not appropriately answered, your topic will not be approved.
Prepare before the Meeting
- Know what to say: IRC meetings can move very fast, and you won't want to spend the whole meeting improvising. At the minimum, spend some time thinking about what you plan to say, or better yet, have a text file with some key points that you can paste into IRC to get you started when introducing the topic.
- Learn the TSG meeting process: The agenda and logistics for the meeting are posted 24 hours in advance on the Technical Steering Group meetings page. To give you a feel for a typical meeting, here are a couple of good examples: log from August 18 and log from June 30.
- Be familiar with IRC: If you haven't spent much time in IRC, you should spend a couple of hours in #meego or another channel talking to people. You should also read our MeeGo IRC guidelines, which also contain links to IRC primers and other useful information.