- If MeeGo L10n will be hosted on Transifex.net, we need to develop support for Project Hubs, subdomain redirection (meego.transifex.net), theming, and a Hub dashboard (see qt.gitorious.org for an example).
- Make sure we connected with all necessary backend systems (gitorious, vcs.meego.com, etc.).
- Migrate projects from translate.moblin.org, users, and registered what's missing. Same for Maemo projects.
Transifex 0.8 (March 2010)
First bunch of community and basic features needed for Moblin, which will be inherited to MeeGo as well.
- Translation Teams
- Translation Reviews
- Timeline and Action History
- Project Releases
- Subversion over secure HTTP (https)
- Weekly Maintainer Reports
- User Nudging
- Lotte Filtering, support for more strings, Plurals, msgctxt, syntax checks
Transifex 0.9 (April 2010)
- Rough support for QT files
- API (notifications for automatic builds)
- Web hook: each project can define a URL which Transifex will hit with a POST request every time a file is submitted.
- OpenID support
- Signing a CLA
- Better management of Releases (Copy release, mass editing)
Transifex 0.10 (May 2010)
- UI improvements: Improve usability, predictability, speed.
- Translation prioritization: What is important? What is urgent?
- User-to-user messaging
- Good documentation for everyone
Transifex 1.0 (August 2010)
- New storage backend is introduced
- Allow searching of existing translations
- Ability to start a new language (copy the POT file or an existing PO)
- Inline aspell-like spell checking in web editor
- Auto-modify the PO file headers (translator, last-updated field, copyright)
- PO files using logical IDs
Transifex 1.1 (September 2010)
- Support for Upstream: File splitting & export
- Per-string comments. To the developer, to other translators, etc.
- Translate from inside an emulator UI.
- Catch common translation errors between source and translated string.
- Lock selected languages for certain projects.
- Maintainer features to “thank” the translators before a release
- Kudos to translators. Something like a karma system maybe?
Transifex 1.1 (October 2010)
- API for automatic builds
- Better reviews (more fine-grained, with comments etc)
- Auto-merge with existing file and/or other branches
Transifex 1.2 (December 2010)
- Release “string-freezes” and “translation deadlines.”
- Calendar on homepage
- Translate Offline with Lotte OR integration with an offline tool.
- Translator to define what he likes & receive notifications for new projects
Other tasks (not mounted)
Needs to support 1:n translations (needs more discussion). They will be used in Maemo 6 to provide strings with different length (e.g. portrait/landscape orientation). The number of variants may vary from language to language. Not sure exactly what's needed here.
Translation memory, suggestions, fuzzy matching. Pre-load other BSD-licensed projects and pre-fill the memory.