MIC is a tool to create and manipulate images for Linux distributions. OBS Light implements a GUI for the image creation part of mic.
Create a project
- Press the New button and enter a name for your project.
- An empty Kickstart file is automatically created.
- If you already have your own Kickstart file, you can import it by pressing Import Kickstart file button. It will be parsed and copied in the project directory.
Customize the project
There are only two customizable parameters:
- Image Type
- The type of filesystem image that will be created. It can be
- fs: a directory hierarchy containing the whole filesystem
- livecd: a bootable image suitable for a CD
- liveusb: a bootable image suitable for a USB key
- loop: a filesystem image to be mounted with a loop device (with mount -o loop).
- The architecture of packages that will be included in the filessystem. At the moment, the unique possibility is i686.
Customize the Kickstart file